+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for asylum from the UK?

SyedAsimAbbas

Aug 12, 2018
Hello there,
I am from Pakistan but now in the UK. I applied for Asylum here which was refused. Now my fresh claim is being considered which i submitted last month. Now days It takes UK visa office years to decide such applications. My family in Pakistan and now they are also being threatened by those culprits who I had problem with when I was in Pakistan. I can't call my family here in UK until I get refugee status. In this case, I want to apply for asylum for Canada. I want you people help me with this regard if you have information about it
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there,
I am from Pakistan but now in the UK. I applied for Asylum here which was refused. Now my fresh claim is being considered which i submitted last month. Now days It takes UK visa office years to decide such applications. My family in Pakistan and now they are also being threatened by those culprits who I had problem with when I was in Pakistan. I can't call my family here in UK until I get refugee status. In this case, I want to apply for asylum for Canada. I want you people help me with this regard if you have information about it
Thank you
Unfortunately there really aren't any options for you to apply for asylum for Canada from the UK. I would recommend that you stick with your UK claim.

To claim asylum in Canada you would really have two options. One would be to apply for a TRV (tourist visa), fly to Canada and then claim asylum here when you arrive. This isn't a realistic option since a TRV is not going to be approved given you are a refugee claimant in the UK. The second option would be to be recognized as a refugee by UNHCR or by the government of the country where you are now and then selected for resettlement in Canada. This isn't going to happen given you already have an active asylum application in the UK.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
You will find Canada isn’t much different than the UK. Currently it is taking close to 2 years just to have your claim heard and a decision if your claim is valid or not. Your separation from your family wouldn’t improve much if you applied in Canada, as their acceptance to travel to Canada would be delayed until your status is decided (as a minimum) and possibly until you receive your permenent residence (5years). All that is assuming your claim would be accepted. Having previous refugee claims in the UK would make it even more likely you application would be rejected (particularly since you have one currently under consideration).

Reactions: scylla