AOR Received.
28-08-2019
File Transfer...
20-09-2019
Med's Request
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
27-09-2019
Can third party such as my friends affect my spousal sponsorship application by contacting the CIC authorities. I have a friend who is aware of the situation that I am trying to sponsor my wife but she has a personal quarrel with me and I'm afraid he might try to sabotage the application.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I doubt that this person is much of a friend.

They can certainly attempt to call IRCC and make a report about you and your wife. Whether or not IRCC believes them enough to actually investigate depends on what they say.

Will this person say that you are already married, or that the relationship is not genuine?

BigCrunch

Apr 24, 2019
Are you concerned they will lie in order to have your application rejected/delayed, or that they will disclose something true that you didn't intend to disclose as part of your application?

Reactions: k.h.p.

wambaozhixing

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
05-07-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
File Transfer...
20-09-2019
Med's Request
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
27-09-2019
Thanks for the responses. We don't intend to lie or keep something hidden from the application, so anything they might say would be a lie to cause harm. I don't consider them a friend, but they used to be one. Our marriage is genuine and we can prove it, but we wanted to know if someone can affect anything by making false claims.

In fact, that friend has even sent me a letter in the past to include it as relationship proof (the person vouches for our marriage there), but I'm not going to include that anymore.

wambaozhixing

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
05-07-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
File Transfer...
20-09-2019
Med's Request
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
27-09-2019
So what false claims will this person make?
I don't know, but I just have the belief that they might say something

Maybe something how our relationship is not genuine (we can prove that it is genuine)? Or how we asked them to write a letter? I'm just speculating here...

Yuyu889988

Apr 25, 2018
I would include the letter so that of they do try to lie that letter indicates that they are lying.
That letter is much like a statutory declaration swearing to the details to be true.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Can third party such as my friends affect my spousal sponsorship application by contacting the CIC authorities. I have a friend who is aware of the situation that I am trying to sponsor my wife but she has a personal quarrel with me and I'm afraid he might try to sabotage the application.
Don't be paranoid. How will they contact them in the first place? They could try to call the hotline but the agent will not even converse with your friend, the agent will probably tell your friend to contact your friend directly and solve your issue, CIC will never get involved in this sort of way, someone could try to blackmail someone and CIC are aware of this, maybe your friend needs to be careful if he/she does something stupid.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Don't be paranoid. How will they contact them in the first place? They could try to call the hotline but the agent will not even converse with your friend, the agent will probably tell your friend to contact your friend directly and solve your issue, CIC will never get involved in this sort of way, someone could try to blackmail someone and CIC are aware of this, maybe your friend needs to be careful if he/she does something stupid.
I agree with this. Calling CIC won't help them in any way. Anybody who is anybody cannot just decide to phone CIC and talk smack about applicants. If they wanted to do something, they would have to actually try to get the visa officer's info (which will not be provided to him/her anyway). Include the original support letter from the friend if you want to, or just leave it out. But don't worry. However, if this friend has a legitimate reason as to why he/she can negatively affect your application, it would be better to address it than being flagged for misrepresentation. If your marriage is in fact genuine and true, you have nothing to worry about.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The person could send a "poison pen" letter. There have been times where IRCC has taken notice of such letters, particularly if they highlight potential misrepresentation. Provided you are completely honest in your app, any such letter would likely be disregarded.

Reactions: k.h.p.