+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Express Entry Profile Create Problem in Applying for TRV?

Daisy2015

Jun 21, 2015
Hi,

I will be applying for my study permit and my husband will apply for TRV this week to accompany me. My husband created an Express Entry profile last February and I am the secondary applicant. I have some queries-
1. Can anyone please tell me if this EE profile can create any problem in the processing of his TRV and my Study Permit? If yes, can deleting this account would help or create more problems?
2. Should my husband mention in his "purpose of visit" that he has an Express Entry profile?
3. If he deletes his Express Entry account, will it create problem if he later on tries to get PR?

Please help as I will be submitting my application this week. Many thanks!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It shouldn't be a problem. TRV is based on your ties to your home country. I got a TRV even when I declared an ongoing PR application.
I am not sure of the content of the form now, but your husband shouldn't declare it unless he is explicitly asked if he has any ongoing visa applications.

Daisy2015

Jun 21, 2015
Many thanks for your valuable suggestion.

In the form, there is no option to mention about it, but I thought he should mention it in his "purpose of visit." If he does not mention it in his purpose of visit, will the visa officers consider it as misrepresentation of information?

In one of the forms, a question is “c) Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?” Last year, my husband applied for FSWP 2014, but his application was returned as his documents reached them after the quota was met. In his application, it was mentioned that I would accompany him to Canada. Therefore, we both will answer "yes" to this question and later on explain it in the box provided. Please suggest me if we both need to mention my husband's EE profile in this explanation.

I am pretty confused as I do not want the visa officers to think that my husband and I lack country tie because of this profile. We also do not want to be banned for 5 years by misrepresenting any information. Waiting for your valuable suggestion. Many thanks!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The purpose of his visit is to accompany you, right? Then that's what he should write.

IMO, it's best to disclose your past applications truthfully in the section of past visa applications, the FSWP 2014 definitely.
It's still a point of contention around this forum whether having an Express Entry profile constitutes as "applying" when there is no ITA received yet. If you ask my personal opinion, it counts as an application because you are assigned an application number, but many here will tell you it should not be considered an application.

Daisy2015

Jun 21, 2015
Many thanks for your suggestion. I just hope I present myself perfectly. Still wondering what to do with the EE profile. Could you please tell me if my husband deletes the account, would CIC have access to that information too? Will this make our situation more critical? Many of my friends are telling me as we previously applied for immigration and then created an EE account, it signifies that we lack country tie; therefore, both of our applications will get rejected.
May I know how did your show your country tie while applying for TRV as you had an ongoing PR application?