+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can college is not eligible for PGWP is say No I need advise

Adventure2care

May 2, 2023
I do search now and find out that can college is not Offers PGWP-eligible programs it say NO please is there anything I can do about this cause I already get acceptance from this school and have submitted my visa application to the IRCC

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I do search now and find out that can college is not Offers PGWP-eligible programs it say NO please is there anything I can do about this cause I already get acceptance from this school and have submitted my visa application to the IRCC
Get admission to a school that is PGWP eligible and apply for a study permit.

Adventure2care

May 2, 2023
Do you mean after my visa is approved I can get admission to another school that is PGWP or take transfer cause I already paid for the study permit and biometrics and have done my biometrics on April 4 am September in take

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you mean after my visa is approved I can get admission to another school that is PGWP or take transfer cause I already paid for the study permit and biometrics and have done my biometrics on April 4 am September in take
If your study permit is approved, you need to attend the school on your study permit for at least a semester. Then you can transfer to another school.

Adventure2care

May 2, 2023
Okay thank for the advise I really appreciate but my course is just a years course class resume September 29 2023 end September 2024 can I take transfer after 6 month or most I finish that a year semester before taking the transfer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay thank for the advise I really appreciate but my course is just a years course class resume September 29 2023 end September 2024 can I take transfer after 6 month or most I finish that a year semester before taking the transfer
You must go to the school on the study permit for at least a semester, then you can transfer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes it does, first paragraph. This is well known. You cannot just come to Canada, and change schools without studying at the first one.

Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be:

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Yes it does, first paragraph. This is well known. You cannot just come to Canada, and change schools without studying at the first one.

Before you change your school or program, you must meet all the conditions of your study permit. This means you must be:

Keep reading.

Post-secondary students changing schools
If you change post-secondary schools, the school you plan to change to must also be a DLI. Please check the DLI list and confirm your new school is a DLI before you commit to changing schools.

You must tell us each time you change post-secondary schools. Changing the post-secondary school on your account is a free service.

You don’t need to apply to change your study permit if you are changing schools.

Post-secondary studies include:

• university
  • community college, CEGEP, institute
  • private university, career college, academy, school or training institution and
  • ESL/FSL and other language training

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Keep reading.

Post-secondary students changing schools
If you change post-secondary schools, the school you plan to change to must also be a DLI. Please check the DLI list and confirm your new school is a DLI before you commit to changing schools.

You must tell us each time you change post-secondary schools. Changing the post-secondary school on your account is a free service.

You don’t need to apply to change your study permit if you are changing schools.

Post-secondary studies include:

• university
  • community college, CEGEP, institute
  • private university, career college, academy, school or training institution and
  • ESL/FSL and other language training
Correct, but you need to meet the first paragraph and be actively studying at the original DLI first. IRCC closed the loophole a couple of years ago to stop people from getting a study permit for one DLI, and then entering and changing DLIs to another without studying at the first school. This was done because many students would enter to attend a Masters program, for example, and then change to a one year certiciate.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Correct, but you need to meet the first paragraph and be actively studying at the original DLI first. IRCC closed the loophole a couple of years ago to stop people from getting a study permit for one DLI, and then entering and changing DLIs to another without studying at the first school. This was done because many students would enter to attend a Masters program, for example, and then change to a one year certiciate.
Ah! That makes sense.

Fabian_Kittle

Oct 3, 2022

Studying abroad is not easy. That's why I recommend using the samplius service. For example, on their website https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/animal-testing/ you can find many useful things for students.
If you've already received an acceptance from a college and have submitted your visa application to the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), but later discovered that the program is not eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), it's important to address the situation promptly.

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
Ah! That makes sense.
Correct, but you need to meet the first paragraph and be actively studying at the original DLI first. IRCC closed the loophole a couple of years ago to stop people from getting a study permit for one DLI, and then entering and changing DLIs to another without studying at the first school. This was done because many students would enter to attend a Masters program, for example, and then change to a one-year certificate.
Your reasoning is correct, many applicants would submit their application with DLI which has a good reputation like UoT, this creates an impression in the officer's mind that the applicant is a genuine or bonafide student but later that applicant would change to DLI and choose study program that is not that intensive.

However, the paragraph you are referring to is the general conditions on study permit holders, see section 220.1(1) of the Regulation.
The holder of a study permit in Canada is subject to the following conditions:

• (a) they shall enroll at a designated learning institution and remain enrolled at a designated learning institution until they complete their studies; and
  • (b) they shall actively pursue their course or program of study
These conditions are applicable throughout the period of study permit.

The description on the website intends, that study permit holders should be compliant with the study permit conditions.

A study permit holder has to be enrolled at the DLI and actively pursue their course or the program when active, technically if an international student comes to Canada 20 days before the first scheduled class and during this time he gets another offer of acceptance from a program (offer by DLI) that is better, he can change the DLI. This is not practical because no institution would offer admission this late but possible (there can be exemptions like doctorate and thesis students where the supervisor or instructor can make exceptions).

I was a student at a university and can tell students have the option to drop courses after the first two classes if they find that course is not for them and request faculty for changes or even change DLI. But the change should align with the original plan with what they came to Canada with.

IRCC doesn't want someone to come to Canada and then decide to drop the program only to start a new program, in the new DLI next session, so he is generally doing nothing for this session. That violates the study permit condition for changing DLI which is the website.
Feel free to add something.

To this particular thread member @Adventure2care , as his application is still under process he can submit a web form if he has LOA already. If the decision has been made he needs to apply again if he intends to pursue studies with a new DLI