+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone please tell me why I am only getting 13 for the "CRS - Skill Transferability-Education"

Jonathan1993

Nov 11, 2020
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education13
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification0

I have a BA in Political science from a university in Canada which is basically a four year degree in Arts, but still it says on the CRS website that I am eligible for 25 transferability CRS points as long as I have an average point of 7 on IELTS or more.

I am satisfying the both "completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer " and "an average point of 7 or more on IELTS".

If I am right, I am supposed to be receiving 25, the maximum point under average of 9 on IELTS.

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education13
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification0

I have a BA in Political science from a university in Canada which is basically a four year degree in Arts, but still it says on the CRS website that I am eligible for 25 transferability CRS points as long as I have an average point of 7 on IELTS or more.

I am satisfying the both "completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer " and "an average point of 7 or more on IELTS".

If I am right, I am supposed to be receiving 25, the maximum point under average of 9 on IELTS.
You said you have averaged 7 on IELTS test. You score is too low. You need to get a score of 8 or more in the listening module and 7 or more on all the other 3 modules. If you got 7 on listening it’s too low. You need CLB level of 9 on all modules for transferability to be doubled. Please see following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html

Reactions: Jonathan1993

Jonathan1993

Nov 11, 2020
You said you have averaged 7 on IELTS test. You score is too low. You need to get a score of 8 or more in the listening module and 7 or more on all the other 3 modules. If you got 7 on listening it’s too low. You need CLB level of 9 on all modules for transferability to be doubled. Please see following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/language-requirements/test-equivalency-charts.html
Thanks for your link. I thought it had to be an average of 9 on IELTS for the CLB level 9, but it was only for 7 or above according to the tables provided. You are right, I thought I could just get whatever score I need in the first exam even without a preparation. I got 8.5 on listening and 8 on speaking but only got 6.5 on reading and 6 on writing which two are the ones I thought I had the strongest among the four....

I have the overall score 474 so far with the current IELTS result. Do you think I need a better mark? Or just stay on enough is enough? I don't wanna waste anymore money on the test....

Last edited:

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Thanks for your link. I thought it had to be an average of 9 on IELTS for the CLB level 9, but it was only for 7 or above according to the tables provided. You are right, I thought I could just get whatever score I need in the first exam even without a preparation. I got 8.5 on listening and 8 on speaking but only got 6.5 on reading and 6 on writing which two are the ones I thought I had the strongest among the four....

I have the overall score 474 so far with the current IELTS result. Do you think I need a better mark? Or just stay on enough is enough? I don't wanna waste anymore money on the test....
If I were in your situation, I would wait the next couple of draws before registering to retake the test. Last draw was 478 after a 3-week wait period I think. Hopefully it goes down to your score in the next couple of draws.

Reactions: Jonathan1993