+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone advice on how to get a good Canadian immigration lawyer?

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Canadian immigration procedure is not very complicated or too much technical to have an Immigration Attorney. Anyone in this forum will tell you how easy it is to apply without Immigration attorney, there are 100's of success stories like that.

If you have enough time to research and get information then apply yourself, if you are a very busy person and are willing to spend some $$$ then having an attorney is not a bad idea. Personally i thought of applying myself, did a lot of research and gathered information etc...but due to time constraints i had to go with an attorney. As i was spending $$$ i did not want to settle for an average/less known attorney, i contacted Campbell Cohen (attorneys who run this website/forum). So far they have done a wonderful job, very professional ..no complaints.

Before selecting an attorney make sure you speak to someone who has already took the services, Google the name and see for any negative remarks/complaints by customers. During your search make sure they do not have any complaints at this below website.

http://www.bbb.org/canada/

Good luck

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
I will definitely recommend a lawyer. I think one could probably think everything is easy but when you don't have the time or you want to be secure and almost guaranteed you will have a smooth process then go for a lawyer. I recomend Campbell Cohen. Very professional.

Hope this helps
GIGAB

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
I would also recommend Campbell Cohen(David Cohen).I have had 2 family members and 4 friends process through him and they are now in canada

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvicky29 said:

Thanks.
The best lawyer that I would like to recommend you will be yourself. You can do it without any lawyer and people in this forum are friendly, ready to assist you anytime. Get it together and ask for anything you will see how easy it is.
Cheers,

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
I do not recommend doing it yourself.You would be prone to many mistakes and problems such as forgetting to fill some parts of the form,lack of understanding,Misinterpretation and also bank problem.If you make use of lawyers be sure of no mistakes cos they would proper scrutinize the forms (the no the pro and cons) before sending thereby giving you peace of mind of not having made any mistakes.Virtually all of those whose applications were returned were those who did not make use of a consultant

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
vvicky29 said:

Thanks.
Well..u can do the job by yrself but sometimes individual and being in-experienced with the process...tend to do minor mistakes that result in extra ordinary delays.

I used the services of Optus immigraiton services canada...OICS. Their office is in Brampton. High level co-ordination, guidance, support and good experience .
Regards

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
If anyone then it could be David Cohen.
But I personally will suggest to update yourself the most by the seniors in this forum. Go to any consultant but keep yourself aware by asking questions here.

The questions asked here are very relevant & keep you updated of the newest changes.

A friend of mine needs to send his Medicals for the 2nd time with PPR and updated forms (his is a delayed case from Jan 2009, as he met with an accident).
I have noticed silly mistakes in his forms, which no one here (who reads this forum before applying) will ever commit

Once the money is paid, it is back to scratch (i mean, after paying,,you are the only one left who is concerned abt ur file, not ur consultant!!)
So why pay, and worry. Better dont pay and focus harder on ur file

They are no better than us!! CSIC or non-CSIC members, they are all the same.

S

shibuya

A consultant is also a human being and can commit mistakes.
If ur consultant makes a mistake u will only be questioned for that by Visa Office and consultant has no role in those mistakes as he is hired by u and filled all details provided by urself and CHC holds u responsible.
If u have a crooked consultant more the worse since he will drain out all ur money but could also hold back any docs provided by u as his intentions will be only to get the money and reward u with a Rejection letter after which he will play around with his 100% money back policy and u will require goons to fix him.
My friend hired Vision consultants in Dubai and poor chap lost Dhs 5000 at the end of the show with a Rejection letter.

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
It is always ur file, not the consultant's, so you will always be more concerned.

Also these so-called CSIC recognised members are a big sham.

Recognition by CSIC is nothing more than a big handshake of the devils. It is like legalising their misdeeds.

If your PR gets refused you loose, if any info is wrong you get penalised, CSIC never asks for any details on why any cases of its members-consultants were refused?

So where is the pressure to be honest? And without any stringent rules, its easy money from innocent victims, without any fear

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canada121 said:
If anyone then it could be David Cohen.
But I personally will suggest to update yourself the most by the seniors in this forum. Go to any consultant but keep yourself aware by asking questions here.

The questions asked here are very relevant & keep you updated of the newest changes.

A friend of mine needs to send his Medicals for the 2nd time with PPR and updated forms (his is a delayed case from Jan 2009, as he met with an accident).
I have noticed silly mistakes in his forms, which no one here (who reads this forum before applying) will ever commit

Once the money is paid, it is back to scratch (i mean, after paying,,you are the only one left who is concerned abt ur file, not ur consultant!!)
So why pay, and worry. Better dont pay and focus harder on ur file

They are no better than us!! CSIC or non-CSIC members, they are all the same.

Hi Canada121,
I fully agree with you. If you can read and understand very, very patient you can do it yourself and with the help of members from this forum you can succeed.

Members of this forum and like a big family, i do appreciate the help from each other.

hope it helps.

Canadaforall.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
shibuya said:
A consultant is also a human being and can commit mistakes.
If ur consultant makes a mistake u will only be questioned for that by Visa Office and consultant has no role in those mistakes as he is hired by u and filled all details provided by urself and CHC holds u responsible.
If u have a crooked consultant more the worse since he will drain out all ur money but could also hold back any docs provided by u as his intentions will be only to get the money and reward u with a Rejection letter after which he will play around with his 100% money back policy and u will require goons to fix him.
My friend hired Vision consultants in Dubai and poor chap lost Dhs 5000 at the end of the show with a Rejection letter.
That is the more or less reason why you have to make use of the best and experienced lawyers.I have not seen any one yet who made use of COHEN and whose files where returned.The possibility of making mistake by the consultant is very low because it would they take their time to check it very well.I started my processing early April but the consultants did not send my file until mail due to the crossing checking.I have no fear at all.I strong recommend using a consultant.CIO is very strict now, files are being returned due to minor mistake, so do not take the chance of doing it yourself else you might end up with a wasted effort

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear Awoderu A.A.

Having a consultant or not should be a personal choice.

I strongly feel like congratulating you for having a great consultant by your side.

Not just because I have myself sufferred from a so-called 'Top Class' consultant, but also because I have personally seen so many clients left to dogs by various so-called consultants, I strongly recommend against using one.

The files are delayed, documents not dispatched on time, worse-than-minor mistakes made while preparing files and sheer arrogance is common with them.

Real consultants are here. They are selfless, ready to help all, at all levels of filing, and after. With absolute up-to-date knowledge
(And ALL of them still keep mentioning that they are not experts. Such is the humility!!!!!!! :-*)

Cheers!!

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
I have not heard any negative reports concerning Campbell cohen.Go for the best to aachieve the best

mansari

Star Member
Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with application
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
12-08-2013
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
guys,
please help me....nyone had a personal experinece with david cohen. i am an international student. since i live in toronto and he in montreal. i was just wondering is it safe to use their services....