+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can all photocopies to CIC in grey scale?

maplefamily

Jan 2, 2017
Hi, a very basic question.

In collecting supporting documents, such as photocopies of my PR card, passport, birth certificate etc. for Family Class Sponsorship PR app, I wonder if all photocopies can be in grey scale. Or do certain docs, such as my PR card and photo page of passport, have to be copied in colour?

Also, so far I read no "original" required for supporting documents (besides certified translations) -- Hope I'm correct...

Thanks in advance for the answer/feedback!

Es.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
maplefamily said:
Hi, a very basic question.

In collecting supporting documents, such as photocopies of my PR card, passport, birth certificate etc. for Family Class Sponsorship PR app, I wonder if all photocopies can be in grey scale. Or do certain docs, such as my PR card and photo page of passport, have to be copied in colour?

Also, so far I read no "original" required for supporting documents (besides certified translations) -- Hope I'm correct...

Thanks in advance for the answer/feedback!

Es.
The 'Complete Guide' (IMM5289) only refers to photocopies. Nowhere does it mention colour or greyscale, all it does say is that photocopies must be 'clear and easy to read'. Greyscale photocopies are still the norm in many countries - use whatever you want, colour or greyscale, as long as it is clear and easy to read.

Yes, also in IMM5289 they say unless specifically requested / indicated in the detailed instructions, documents should be photocopies and do not need to be certified (with the exception around certified translations, etc. you have already noted)

maplefamily

Jan 2, 2017
"Greyscale photocopies are still the norm in many countries" : The explanation makes sense! Thank you, Hurlabrick ;)