+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Visitor with a refuge claim work in canada while waiting for hearing???

Cee Dave

Jan 18, 2012
Hi,
Am a visitor in Canada, i have a 6month visitor's visa
I just made a refuge claim because of the situation in my country..
Am waiting for my hearing..
Will i be able 2 work while i wait 4 my hearing??? Because i need a job urgently to fend for myself..
Also in case my hearing takes more than 6months, can i still stay in Canada or i will be told 2go??
Please i need a reply urgently.. Thanks for ur help...
God Bless..

A

albertian

dave ,The federal government of Canada guarantees emergency medical treatment at no charge for those who cannot afford to buy their own medical insurance. Some medical clinics also offer free check ups to refugee claimants.i hope you got your answer if you need any query or do not get your answer plzz let me know i am completely sure

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
albertian said:
Yes, almost from the beginning of the refugee process.
Not all refugees are granted work permits. The following page gives a good summary of who qualifies and the application process:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000556

A

albertian

scylla said:
Not all refugees are granted work permits. The following page gives a good summary of who qualifies and the application process:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000556
thanks scylla for your valuable information that's true not every one can get work right's but normally they gives work right if you have good medical condition .i forgot to explain all these thing .that's obvious if you have big bank balance in your account or you lie with immigration then definately you can't get work right but it's not very hard to get work right in refugee genuine cases thank again scylla for getting inform to people.