+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a separation ruin one's permanent residnecy application - HELP!!

brains_cy

Mar 9, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate as much information, suggestions and feedback regarding my situation - Thank you.

*I am currently in a permanent residency - spouse sponsorship process and in 2008 I received a letter saying my file has been moved to my local city office, and ever since then they have been completing my background check which I don't have a clue how long that will take,

Since i'm married and still in the process *IF* my wife and I go through a separation what impact will that have on my permanent residency application process?.

Also I need to fly back to the UK and every time i call immigration they tell me that there is a possibility that I might not be allowed back into Canada even with all the right paper work etc which naturally concerns me about travelling back to the UK (even though its important).

INFO: Currently on a open work permit/implied status,been here since Dec 2006, started my own business last year,no kids,been married for 3 years.

Thank you so much

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
If you are separated you are no longer a member of the family class. Thus your PR would not be granted. If you separate you are required to inform them of your family status and will be denied.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
bobshynoswife said:
If you are separated you are no longer a member of the family class. Thus your PR would not be granted. If you separate you are required to inform them of your family status and will be denied.
Agrees, the whole idea of a family sponsorship is that you are a family.

Why is this application taking so long? As a Brit, unless you have a deep criminal past I cannot see why your background checks are a problem.

I filed Inland in the common law family class in September 2009 and got my full PR in May 2010.

Whatever the reason, you leave Canada you may well lose the application if the IO refuses to let you back in. You leave your wife the application is dismissed and you lose your OWP and visitor visa.