+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a current PhD student in Canada apply to FSW while studying?

hello@all

Apr 4, 2021
Hi all,
I am currently in 3rd year of my PhD at the University in Ontario. I am good in English, modest in French and working part time 20 hours/week for an organization in my own field. My wife works at Walmart nearby. I was thinking to gain 1560 hours of experience from my work and apply for probably FSW. Will my experience as a student be counted? Do you think its a good idea to apply now or wait until I graduate? Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,
I am currently in 3rd year of my PhD at the University in Ontario. I am good in English, modest in French and working part time 20 hours/week for an organization in my own field. My wife works at Walmart nearby. I was thinking to gain 1560 hours of experience from my work and apply for probably FSW. Will my experience as a student be counted? Do you think its a good idea to apply now or wait until I graduate? Suggestions are highly appreciated.
Are you eligible for FSW now? If not to be eligible your work must be continuous for one-year full-time, or two years part-time.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
Your part-time experience as a student might not count. As far as I know somehow it needs to be Foreign experience.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your part-time experience as a student might not count. As far as I know somehow it needs to be Foreign experience.
If not eligible for FSW, He can count it as foreign experience but it has to be one year full time and continuous experience (Or 2 years part-time).