+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling IRCC

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Hello everyone
I have received bvl on 5th may and my classes are going to start on 17th may. I want to call IRCC to know about my eligibility. Can my brother from canada call them on my behalf? If I have to call from outside Canada, is text now app safe to use?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What do you mean find out about eligibility? So you completed biometrics, and are waiting for a final response? They will not tell you over the phone. You can raise a webform if it is beyond processing timelines. Your brother can't call unless you have given him authorization to act on your behalf when you applied. You can order GCMS notes to see your status.

Reactions: kingpin00

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
What do you mean find out about eligibility? So you completed biometrics, and are waiting for a final response? They will not tell you over the phone. You can raise a webform if it is beyond processing timelines. Your brother can't call unless you have given him authorization to act on your behalf when you applied. You can order GCMS notes to see your status.
Everything is complete. It’s a reapplication. I have passed my medical. My review started on 29 april and I got bvl on 5th may. I am waiting for my result. I have read on this forum and somewhere else too that they can tell me about my eligibility. If i have passed my eligibility, or is it under review or if i have failed it.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
I don’t have the time to wait for gcms notes as my classes are going to start from 17th may. I have to make a decision in this week if i want to start online classes without visa or withdraw my application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Everything is complete. It’s a reapplication. I have passed my medical. My review started on 29 april and I got bvl on 5th may. I am waiting for my result. I have read on this forum and somewhere else too that they can tell me about my eligibility. If i have passed my eligibility, or is it under review or if i have failed it.
Oh. Never heard of reapplication. I always thought if you were refused, it is a new study permit when you apply. You can try to call. Your brother can’t if he isn’t designated on your study permit to have access. What you are looking for is why you order GCMS notes but if you can’t wait then you will need to make a decision.

Reactions: Sciencegirl98

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don’t have the time to wait for gcms notes as my classes are going to start from 17th may. I have to make a decision in this week if i want to start online classes without visa or withdraw my application.
Your class starts 6days from today, simply 3 working days from now....limited window to even withdraw your application, yes i think you need to make that decision.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
that is why it is always recommended to apply 4 or 5 months in advance
I applied in nov 2020 and then got refused in march. Now I have applied again so I didn’t have much of a choice. My college is deducting a huge amount of money if i defer, so that is not an option. I can only withdraw or continue online without visa which is again risky.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Your class starts 6days from today, simply 3 working days from now....limited window to even withdraw your application, yes i think you need to make that decision.
I am dreading that. I really want to study. I don’t even want visa right now, just a confirmation that I’ll get it one day. Even if they can tell me if i have passed my eligibility, I’ll start online classes. I am ready to complete my whole course from my country.

sam300

Mar 24, 2021
I had called using TextNow, the agent didn't have much info about the application in my case. She said since your application is being processed in New Delhi, can't tell the status other than what I already see on my portal.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
I had called using TextNow, the agent didn't have much info about the application in my case. She said since your application is being processed in New Delhi, can't tell the status other than what I already see on my portal.
Thank you for replying.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
I applied in nov 2020 and then got refused in march. Now I have applied again so I didn’t have much of a choice. My college is deducting a huge amount of money if i defer, so that is not an option. I can only withdraw or continue online without visa which is again risky.
Hi! Which college is it? Why don’t you send them the refusal letter, in that case they can only deduct the admin fee which is around 250$ or something. Never accept whatever the college imposes unless there is a law where incase of a refusal also doesn’t warrant full money back.

Sciencegirl98

Feb 16, 2021
Hi! Which college is it? Why don’t you send them the refusal letter, in that case they can only deduct the admin fee which is around 250$ or something. Never accept whatever the college imposes unless there is a law where incase of a refusal also doesn’t warrant full money back.
Well I can get refund on the previous refusal if I apply for refund within 2 weeks of receiving my refusal. I got refused in march so can’t use that letter.