+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ca or Au ?

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
I have two options of either studying in Canada or Australia although I have not been to these countries to know them in person. To complete graduation in Canada it will take four years, whereas in Australia three years. I think International students cannot work outside the campus in Canada but not for sure, whereas in Australia they can. Part time employment will certainly help me to lighten the strain on my family members.

In the long term, I wish to settle down in the country that I will study. I would much appreciate views from those settled in Canada and Australia to help me decide.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Guys please suggest me a good university in Toronto other then Ryerson and York as they are requiring A level Mathematics as a prerequisites and i don't have it.
Or if i can't get into the university in Toronto, Is there any possibility in getting in a college and then getting transferring to any university in next year ? but i was afraid how much time it'll take for bachelors if i initially join a college and than transfer to a university ?

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
There is very good University very close to Toronto. IT is about 1 hour away driving.

Brooks University in St. Catherines.

You should look into it.

My sister went there :)

candy44

Jan 24, 2011
It's really ur choice -- I woudl suggest u do good research on each country and see which one u prefer. If u want to live in Canada, then u should do ur studies there as well since Canada does not usually identify with degrees from other countries.

Bizenjo

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
@parceromiguel Thanks, BTW ur sis is a Canadian citizen or international ? I was wondering abt the International fee because i am not getting it from the website.

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
She is a Canadian citizen.

She has actually now gotten accepted into Medical school here in the United Sates.

I think it is funny how my sister is trying to come here to the States to study and I am trying to go up to Canada to live.

Good luck to you guys.

Decius

Feb 9, 2011
Dude, I'm born and raised in Canada, and spent a year in Australia. To answer your question...

AUSTRALIA.

Canada SUCKS.

There a hundred and different reasons why this is true, and I'm not just flaming. I have been everywhere, and having Canadian citizenship is useful insomuch as you have access to the States. Australia is superior in almost every way, from the people to the food to the weather.

I'm super duper serial.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
One question If you are South Asian google the term currybashing a popular pastime in Australia and repeat that Australia is still better without your nose growing longer :D My take Australia is better for you but not for all people

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
BCguy said:
One question If you are South Asian google the term currybashing a popular pastime in Australia and repeat that Australia is still better without your nose growing longer :D My take Australia is better for you but not for all people
I second that ... would think twice before even holidaying in Australia!

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Decius said:
Dude, I'm born and raised in Canada, and spent a year in Australia. To answer your question...

AUSTRALIA.

Canada SUCKS.

There a hundred and different reasons why this is true, and I'm not just flaming. I have been everywhere, and having Canadian citizenship is useful insomuch as you have access to the States. Australia is superior in almost every way, from the people to the food to the weather.

I'm super duper serial.
I too am born in Canada now living in Thailand. I have in the last three years spent a fair amount of time in both Canada (Ontario & BC) and Australia (Sydney only) I can see a lot of advantages to Oz over Canada and a few the other way. Naturally I would prefer to go back home to Canada if that was possible but I am not about to break up my family to do so. We might in fact end up in Oz by default, having looked into it they are quite willing and ready to have us.

I would never even suggest Canada sucks as it does not, but it does have its issues like any country does including Oz. The real question would be what is best for YOU as there is no definitive overall answer for everyone on the planet.

Oh to the poster talking about the Uni in St. Catharines I think you will find its actually named Brock http://www.brocku.ca/. FYI