May 14, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello!

So I'm currently in a shitty situation. Long story short, my BWOP was refused as I haven't sent off my PR application yet and the BC PNP advised me to apply anyway with my nomination and that didn't work out. I am currently out of status as my work permit has expired, but I have 90 days to restore my status.
My employer is looking into LMIA options(although I work for a LMIA exempt company), I worry that they won't come through for me as the fee is $1000! My questions are these;

Can apply to restore my status as a worker and explain that my employer is applying for LMIA? As everything takes so long to process, that I don't want to risk applying to restore my status and it be too late because I
was waiting for a positive LMIA.

Secondly, do I have any other options that doesn't mean me going back to my home country (england), my partner is a Canadian citizen and I suppose she could sponsor me though common law but, 1) it's super expensive and 2) we have been together less than 2yrs so it's a lot to ask! I want to call Canada home, I'm just worried that I have run out of options! Please advise lovely people! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need restore your status and switch to visitor status. Guessing you were doing IEC. There was a question just yesterday where someone had been told she could be on implied status after her IEC ended which is not the case.