+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BVL without a decision

Abaadi12

Feb 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have a question that has left me confused.

I applied for a Work holiday and my application was submitted on January 6th. On January 9th, I received a letter asking me to provide my fingerprints, which I did the next day, on January 10th.

On February 2nd, I received a letter because I had missed some information in my CV. I submitted the missing information to IRCC the very next day.

On February 7th, I received a biometrics validation letter, but without a decision yet.

My question is, has anyone had a similar experience?

I heard that if you receive a biometrics validation letter, you will get a response within a few hours or at most two days, is that true?

I'm a bit stressed.

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a question that has left me confused.

I applied for a Work holiday and my application was submitted on January 6th. On January 9th, I received a letter asking me to provide my fingerprints, which I did the next day, on January 10th.

On February 2nd, I received a letter because I had missed some information in my CV. I submitted the missing information to IRCC the very next day.

On February 7th, I received a biometrics validation letter, but without a decision yet.

My question is, has anyone had a similar experience?

I heard that if you receive a biometrics validation letter, you will get a response within a few hours or at most two days, is that true?

I'm a bit stressed.
It usually takes 24-48 hours

SOme people have experienced longer delays

Wait a few more days and if nothing, then raise a webform or try calling iRCC

Abaadi12

Feb 10, 2023
I have now waited over a whole week without a decision. I have also sent to IRCC twice with no response. Very strange.

I'm starting to suspect that I will be rejected but I don't understand why they are delaying the answer