+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo Skilled worker PR application, longest wait after AOR ever?

PhobMX

Aug 9, 2011
Hi Guys, I applied for PR since I got permanent employment from my past employer, I'd appreciate if somebody can advise if I should take action because, as many here, I'm eager to get this done:

Jul 2009 - Got permanent employment, applied for PR FSW2 under NOC 2174, Sent appplication to CIO
Dec 2009 - Recieved back application package, first mistake: I missed a letter of my current employer
Dec 2009 - Sent Complete appplication to CIO
Feb 2010 - Received AOR from CIO
Apr 2010 - Sent complete application package to Buffalo VO
May 2010 - Switched Jobs for a different employer still for FSW2 under NOC 2174, got a new work permit. Mailed a letter to Buffalo VO stating the change.
Jun 2010 - Got a letter asking for Right of PR payment, second mistake: I sent my credit card info in IM5620 backin April, had to sent it back along with a money order.
Jul 2010 - Got 2nd AOR from Buffalo VO with my new file number, it states to wait for a letter stating my elegibility for processing.
Jul 2010 - Checked the money order with Canada post, it was cashed.
Nov 2010 - E-Mailed Buffalo VO asking for a receipt of correspondence / status update, mistake three: got a cold "we don't acknowledge receipt of correspondence"

Haven't heard a word eversince

So back in early 2010 the processing time was 6 months, bumped up to 12, when I got my file number last July it was 19 and now it's 21??? We all know the line about how we are not supposed to ask for updates unless "normal processing times" have passed, but with Buffalo VO jacking them up this is so frustrating. This is based from a "complete" application package which due to my multiple mistakes could be May 2010 at best, so am I looking at my "right to nag" now for waiting for January-April 2012? I'm blessed to have an above par job and wage, so the fact that I can't commit to a mortgate or buy a car for the little chance of being rejected is killing me.

I've asked around people i know that went through the same as soon as 2 years ago and Skilled workers wouldn't need to wait more than 6 months back then! This was buffalo as well.

I just got promoted to a job in my same company also falling in NOC 2174 so I'm tempted to send a letter updating so and hoping for an update.

My roomate has a very similar case, altought without my mistakes and no job switching, he sent his full package after me yet he already went through police and medial checks, they asked him for his passport which is way more than me... Has anybody been or heard of something similar??

Thanks in advance

René

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, :D

I suggest you please join the existing thread for 'Buffalo processing' in this forum pages instead of creating separately.

PhobMX

Aug 9, 2011
Do you have a link for such thread?

I found one dated from march, Basically they are snail slow due to a computer system upgrade, way to go doing that after Skilled worker changes in effect since July 1st. My friend applied after me and his got transfered to Detroit, would've been smarter to wait!