+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo lost our paperwork!!!

Kimmy520

Sep 13, 2009
Hello all!

My husband I applied outland, submitted our COMPLETED application package on August 5, 2010. My husband is a Canadian citizen and I am a permanent resident in the states but a South Korean citizen. In September we received a letter stating that we would not need an interview but we needed to send in our FBI clearance letter and police clearance letter (needed because I lived in South Korea for a while). Needless to say, we were absolutely stunned and have been sending emails to Buffalo for the past 3 weeks without any response - we've only received automated computer generated email responses. The letter gives a 90 day deadline to submit the FBI clearance letter and the South Korean police clearance letter.

Has anyone else had this same problem? Is there any other way to contact the Buffalo office about our situation? We are trying not to panic but because it is the holiday season I really don't think we will be able to get another FBI clearance letter back in the 90 day limit, it took about 10 weeks to get it back the first time!

Thank you in advance for any/all help!!

S

SaugaBoss

Kimmy520 said:
Hello all!

My husband I applied outland, submitted our COMPLETED application package on August 5, 2010. My husband is a Canadian citizen and I am a permanent resident in the states but a South Korean citizen. In September we received a letter stating that we would not need an interview but we needed to send in our FBI clearance letter and police clearance letter (needed because I lived in South Korea for a while). Needless to say, we were absolutely stunned and have been sending emails to Buffalo for the past 3 weeks without any response - we've only received automated computer generated email responses. The letter gives a 90 day deadline to submit the FBI clearance letter and the South Korean police clearance letter.

Has anyone else had this same problem? Is there any other way to contact the Buffalo office about our situation? We are trying not to panic but because it is the holiday season I really don't think we will be able to get another FBI clearance letter back in the 90 day limit, it took about 10 weeks to get it back the first time!

Thank you in advance for any/all help!!
so did u send in ur fbi certificate and they still asked u for one???

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
Hi Kimmy,

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for, but Buffalo asked us for a Mexican police certificate that takes more than 90 days to get. I obtained written confirmation of that from the Canadian Embassy in Mexico (who obtain the certificates from the Mexican government) and sent them an email indicating that:

1) We sent the request the day after receiving the letter from Buffalo, so there was no delay in reply on our part;
2) The Canadian Embassy didn't request the document from the Mexican authorities until 3 weeks later;
3) That it takes 60-90 BUSINESS days to obtain the certificate after that date.

Then we asked them to please consider that we have replied within the 90 days even if they do not receive the certificate within 90 days.

I didn't search the forum to see what others have done, I just did the above. I have seen forum conversations of others being processed by Buffalo who also need to obtain FBI certificates and were concerned about the 90 day time limit. I can't recall how they dealt with it.

Kimmy520

Sep 13, 2009
To SaugaBoss:

Yes! We sent them a complete application package with ALL the necessary documentation, including my FBI clearance report and my Korean Police Certification. They sent us a letter informing us that while they would not require an interview, we needed to submit my FBI clearance letter and Korean Police Certification - which we have already sent it.

We emailed scanned copies of the documents to Buffalo 3 weeks ago and have not yet received anything more than an automated computer response.

I did find one other person on the board that was in the same situation, she said that Mississauga confirmed receiving the completed application and when it was forwarded to Buffalo, they said that she was missing her FBI clearance letter. She said that they waived the 90 day deadline but she had to get another FBI letter which ended up taking another 3 months!

Wow, I sincerely hope nobody else is having to go through this insanity. Does anyone know of another way to get ahold of the folks in Buffalo?? Email does not seem to be working!!

Dralon

Apr 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2009
Passport Req..
28-02-2010
Buffalo office are masters at losing papers, me it is not the police certificate but the Quebec CSQ they lost it twice... and still i am unsure that after requesting that immigration Quebec send it again and my numerous faxes and my MP phone calls they are processing our case

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
Dralon said:
Buffalo office are masters at losing papers, me it is not the police certificate but the Quebec CSQ they lost it twice... and still i am unsure that after requesting that immigration Quebec send it again and my numerous faxes and my MP phone calls they are processing our case

:eek: what ...

S

SaugaBoss

Kimmy520 said:
To SaugaBoss:

Yes! We sent them a complete application package with ALL the necessary documentation, including my FBI clearance report and my Korean Police Certification. They sent us a letter informing us that while they would not require an interview, we needed to submit my FBI clearance letter and Korean Police Certification - which we have already sent it.

We emailed scanned copies of the documents to Buffalo 3 weeks ago and have not yet received anything more than an automated computer response.

I did find one other person on the board that was in the same situation, she said that Mississauga confirmed receiving the completed application and when it was forwarded to Buffalo, they said that she was missing her FBI clearance letter. She said that they waived the 90 day deadline but she had to get another FBI letter which ended up taking another 3 months!

Wow, I sincerely hope nobody else is having to go through this insanity. Does anyone know of another way to get ahold of the folks in Buffalo?? Email does not seem to be working!!
contact ur MP. Buffalo lost mine as well. the MP called the main office for CIC and had the IO look for it and they found it. they asked me for it but i didnt get another one done... maybe the one you mailed in was expired? But i would still get another one just in case the MP is unhelpful. hopefully they will be able to pressure them to find it!