+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BSF186 classification type for importing goods to follow?

chi2canada

Dec 8, 2010
Hi All,

I will really appreciate if someone can help with following question:

We are permanently moving to Canada from US and we had completed our landing in Canada almost two years back. We have goods to follow form stamped from that time and now planning to ship all our stuff. Shipping company requires to complete custom forms BSF186 / BSF186A. So my question is that what Classification Type I need to select in BSF186 since these are items from our goods to follow list or Do I need a new BSF186?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
chi2canada said:
Hi All,

I will really appreciate if someone can help with following question:

We are permanently moving to Canada from US and we had completed our landing in Canada almost two years back. We have goods to follow form stamped from that time and now planning to ship all our stuff. Shipping company requires to complete custom forms BSF186 / BSF186A. So my question is that what Classification Type I need to select in BSF186 since these are items from our goods to follow list or Do I need a new BSF186?

Thanks
BSF186A is a new form, so if you landed years ago you would not have it. you wouldn't be able to fill out a new form because these items have already been declared at your landing on your old form. you would need to use the classification type on the form that has been already stamped by CBSA. the classification types should be the same. i'd recommend reaching out the shipping company and ask how they handle older versions of the declaration forms. i can't imagine this is new to them, as the form was just changed this year.