+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Columbia Express Entry - Skilled workers - WAGES

Rosalie87

May 9, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am eligible to apply for Express Entry under CEC. I also have a job offer, but I can't get an LMIA with my current wage, so I won't get the 600 extra points. Same situation as many others.

BUT I'm in BC, and I just found out about the BC Express Entry program, which I'd be eligible for if only my wage was higher.

They say that I need "An offer of full-time indeterminate employment from an eligible employer at a wage that will allow you to establish economically in B.C.". I know I'm not earning enough at the moment.

My question is: If I'm eligible for CEC, am signed up for EE, and if I could get my employer to give me a job offer with a higher wage starting, let's say in August - would I then qualify for BC EE? Or do I need to earn that higher wage right now already? Are they checking what I'm earning right now against the job offer?

Also, once I get PR under that program, am I bound to my employer? Do they care where I work and I how much I earn once I have PR under those programs?

Thanks for any advice!

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Rosalie87 said:
Hi everyone,

I am eligible to apply for Express Entry under CEC. I also have a job offer, but I can't get an LMIA with my current wage, so I won't get the 600 extra points. Same situation as many others.

BUT I'm in BC, and I just found out about the BC Express Entry program, which I'd be eligible for if only my wage was higher.

They say that I need "An offer of full-time indeterminate employment from an eligible employer at a wage that will allow you to establish economically in B.C.". I know I'm not earning enough at the moment.

My question is: If I'm eligible for CEC, am signed up for EE, and if I could get my employer to give me a job offer with a higher wage starting, let's say in August - would I then qualify for BC EE? Or do I need to earn that higher wage right now already? Are they checking what I'm earning right now against the job offer?

Also, once I get PR under that program, am I bound to my employer? Do they care where I work and I how much I earn once I have PR under those programs?

Thanks for any advice!
I'm afraid I'm not 100% about the wage query, but regarding your PR, after you have obtained that you aren't technically bound to any employer, you are a permanent resident and can live and work freely in Canada.