+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Britain Marrying Canadian

Vivienne

Feb 20, 2010
Hi everyone

Hope you can help and maybe give me some advice ..I have been with my Canadian fiance for 7 years having a long distance relationship every year i visit Canada for 4 months and he comes to Scotland when work permits which is about every 2 years for a month at a time ...I am planning on going over in june for my usual 4 months but we are planning on getting married when i am over but I plan to come back to Scotland and get my affairs in order here plus apply for a spousal visa and Pr visa I am not even sure if thats what we need to apply for ..anyway once married can I wait for a 6 months or more before applying for this or do you have to apply directly after getting married ..also where to i apply or does my then husband apply on my behalf I find that part very confusing I am on benifits in scotlad as i have an ear problem and i am deaf in my right ear but do not need medical treatment for it so have a few things to get in order after we marry pay off debts which i got custody of when i divorced plus sell my pocessions plus wait for Spousal visa ect any advice on what to do would be very much appreciated ..
Regards
Vivienne

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For spousal you can (but don't have to) apply as soon as you are married, no six month wait.

He sponsors you, you give him your forms and they get sent to CPC Mississauga, who will check if he can sponsor you. If yes, the documents will be sent for processing to London UK.

Your medical condition is not likely to be an issue, but you will need a medical like everyone else.

Family class application info is here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

If you are getting married in Canada you will need your UK birth certificate and your decree absolute.