+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bringing my girlfriend from the Philippines

mike71

Sep 18, 2007
I have met a wonderful woman (she lives in the Philippines) through her family who lives in BC already and I am wanting to find out how to bring her here the fastest way.
She has education and is wantingto work when she gets here.
What would be the fastest way she can come if I was to sponsor her or her relatives who are already here?
ANy help is greatly appreciated.
Mike

nei23984

Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

I am in sort of same situation. If you get any information, I would love to correspond with you. My email is nlellis8@gmail.com

Thanks
Neil

Canuky

Star Member
Sep 23, 2010
The fastest way is through spousal sponsorship. You have to travel to the Philippines, see the girl, if you like her, arrange for a small civil ceremony in the mayor's office or something with a few friends around. Before you can marry in the Philippines, you will need a Certificate of legal capacity from the Canadian embassy if you are a Canadian citizen. Upon presentation of this certificate along with your Canadian passport, your marriage can then be registered. Once you get back to Canada, you can then sponsor her for permanent residency. The whole process could take up to a year. Think twice before you do this....am in a big mess right now, cos I did same thing, married my girlfriend, and she misrepresented herself at the embassy and now the marriage might have to end. Its not necessarily worth it to go hook up with a girl in Philippines IMHO, think twice before you marry...................You could be in DEEP SHIT for it, am regretting now******************************************8

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Canuky said:
The fastest way is through spousal sponsorship. You have to travel to the Philippines, see the girl, if you like her, arrange for a small civil ceremony in the mayor's office or something with a few friends around. Before you can marry in the Philippines, you will need a Certificate of legal capacity from the Canadian embassy if you are a Canadian citizen. Upon presentation of this certificate along with your Canadian passport, your marriage can then be registered. Once you get back to Canada, you can then sponsor her for permanent residency. The whole process could take up to a year. Think twice before you do this....am in a big mess right now, cos I did same thing, married my girlfriend, and she misrepresented herself at the embassy and now the marriage might have to end. Its not necessarily worth it to go hook up with a girl in Philippines IMHO, think twice before you marry...................You could be in DEEP *censored word* for it, am regretting now******************************************8
Hi,

Good advice.... but please don't generalize. :)

jomarcabiles

Star Member
Dec 7, 2008
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2013
Doc's Request.
01/2014
AOR Received.
05/2013
Med's Request
01/2014
Med's Done....
02/2014
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2014
LANDED..........
12/16/2014 cic edmonton
i agree,,dont generalize Filipino's..what happened to you can also happen to anyone of us,,,it doesnt matter what's your nationality is,,,there are even other races that are doing this,,,,,

denoose

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
For Canucky :
I understand if that is how you feel towards what happened between you and your Filipina wife. But there must be a reason why you have ended your relationship to her after all , from the beginning both of you must have exchanged love and admiration for one another that ended in marriage. No one wants to be brokenhearted not especially after marrying your beloved. Unless this would be a gun-shot wedding hehehe.

Time will heal a broken heart , whatever mistakes or shortcomings you had from the past , try your best to make it up and know the person whom you think you love before jumping into marriage. My husband and I started as friends in writing then this developed into friendship -relationship until he decided to see me here in the Philippines. True love can wait and have patience . It was on his third visit that we finally got married. And I am so happy loving him since the very day he came into my life even only as a friend and now my loving husband. I do hope that your anger ( if you do ) will subside and let forgiveness and understanding prevail.

May God bless you and allow your brokenheart to heal in time.

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canuky said:
Its not necessarily worth it to go hook up with a girl in Philippines IMHO, think twice before you marry...
As posters here have said, a marriage can go wrong no matter where you're from or what nationality you're marrying. You may have a very valid reason for your disdain against filipinas, we really don't know. But to discourage people from having a relationship with a filipina, just because you have problems with yours, is just downright wrong. Then again, you are entitled to your opinion. Here's mine - no matter where you're from or who you're marrying, get to know you're partner real well first before you decide to marry. And yes, think twice before you marry because marriage should not be taken lightly or it might end up biting you in the ass. :)

I wish you all the best with your application and current situation.

@mike71

As Canucky said, you can go through spousal sponsorship and sponsor her outland. There is another way which I think is quicker but harder and trickier. And that's getting her a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to come visit you in Canada, get married in Canada and apply for spousal sponsorship INLAND.

Here's the pros and cons for between INLAND and OUTLAND applications - outland is faster. Can take between 4-6 months to process but your girlfriend (maybe-soon-to-be-wife??) will have to stay in the Philippines during this process. You can visit her, though.

Next, inland. This process takes way longer, a year and a half to two years... :eek: But the good part is that she can be with you in Canada during the whole process and she might get the opportunity to work in 6 months after you submit your application.

To be sponsored by her relatives will take even longer so that's not suggested.

Wait a second... By the looks of it, you still are on the early stages of your relationship and marriage may not be an option for you guys at the moment. She can visit you using the TRV but for her to stay permanently in Canada with you, marriage may be the only option.

Good luck with your future endeavors. I wish you all the best with your relationship to a filipina. And if you have more questions, just post away! :D