+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring Chinese wife and new born child to Canada next summer

Jules078

Jul 19, 2014
Hi Forum!

I was born in Canada and lived there all my life. I'm now living in China and I'm married to a Chinese woman and she's actually 6 month pregnant. We want to go to Canada for a visit next summer. We have no plans to move there in the immediate future. We basically want them to meet my family and spend the holiday in Canada. We want to stay in China and start a business together/ make some more good money before we go to live in Canada and have her immigrate through sponsorship. My parents are retired and they own a house, they could issue a letter of invitation to my wife (they came to china to attend our wedding).

My wife has no official job at the moment, she actually works home and we have a little English tutoring business going on together. Her family is poor and she doesn't own a house or car. In short, I don't think she could get a tourist VISA on her own.

Now, I would like to know mostly:

1. Is the fact that she's the mother of my child, assuming we are going to get the citizen certificate and the passport for the new born baby, going to help her getting a VISA or TRP for a short trip to Canada in summer 2015 ?
2. What would be the best way for us to be allowed to travel all together to Canada next year?
3. What would be the best way to go about if I want to go around these lines concerning the sponsorship and eventual immigration? Can I sponsor my wife while being in China? Could my parents sponsor her ?

Thank you for your generous time ! :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. The fact you and the child are Canadian will make it more difficult for her to be approved for a TRV since CIC will suspect she isn't a genuine tourist but has plans to remain in Canada long term. You should sponsor her for PR instead.
2. Sponsor her for PR as your spouse.
3. No - your parents can't sponsor her. Yes - you can sponsor her while living outside of Canada.