+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring child to canada

newfoundlandgirl

Apr 23, 2024
Hey have a question..
I am a born Canadian Citizen married to a jamaican. He already has a work permit, living and working in canada. We have our spousal sponsorship application submitted but have not received anything back yet... my question is how do we go about bringing his 3 year old daughter over for a visit? I will be travelling to Jamaica to get her since he does not have his PR yet. Also do we have to have a set amount of money in the bank where she is so young?
Thanks

newfoundlandgirl

Apr 23, 2024
No, she was born and living in Jamaica with her mom... guess I should have said she's my step daughter.. He has not received his AOR yet, so we are unsure of the process. We did include her in the application for him.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, she was born and living in Jamaica with her mom... guess I should have said she's my step daughter.. He has not received his AOR yet, so we are unsure of the process. We did include her in the application for him.
Apply for a visitor visa. Assume he has full custody. Her mother, who has agreed for her to go to Canada, would be the tie to return to Canada. Show father’s bank statements.

newfoundlandgirl

Apr 23, 2024
We did include her in his application as a dependent, but we have not received anything back yet from immigration regarding the spousal sponsorship and PR. We would like her to come visit as he has been back in canada since July now and he would like to see her. He is not able to go get her as he is working and don't have PR so I would be the one traveling for her with both parents written consent

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We did include her in his application as a dependent, but we have not received anything back yet from immigration regarding the spousal sponsorship and PR. We would like her to come visit as he has been back in canada since July now and he would like to see her. He is not able to go get her as he is working and don't have PR so I would be the one traveling for her with both parents written consent
you can try for a TRV but may be quite difficult to obtain.

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
It would take a good TRV application to get this approved. If you establish that she is coming temporarily for a visit, I don't see a reason for it to be denied. Well-constructed explanation letters from the mother, the father, and you will help.
  • Make sure that these three letters tell the same story and timeline.
  • The father's letter should include a complete itinerary detailing their visit and what they will do together from when she arrives to when she is planning to leave. It must also cover financial support, residence, and proof of ties to the home country.
  • Your letter should include how you will support her visit, what you plan to do together, and how you will make her stay memorable.
  • The mother's letter should include her permission for the daughter to travel and how much she trusts you and the father to provide good care during the visit. It should also include that you both assured the child's return after the planned visit has ended. The mother can also include any financial support as well
Good luck