+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring back my newborn and foreign wife t canda

jakesakic

Feb 21, 2013
Long complex story short, I am looking into going back to live In Canada after 10+years but now I have a wife and a kid on the way, I am hoping to move us all back to Canada for a while.

I perceive a lot of potential issues:
- I have no clue where to start
- I have been in Canada for 1month in the past 12years
- I do not have a job in Canada so no income to show (my family will cover for me but I wonder what it will do for her application if we both of us have no income)
- My Wife has no degree etc
- We lived together for more than 2 years in Philippines, but just got married(2months before the coming birth of our first child)

So the way I see it, the baby + the wife + Me are 3 separates process of paperwork towards getting us there. I don’t even know if I can my family sponsor her to bypass conventional immigration.

I have a lot to read-research but if anyone been through that or are in my situation I would appreciate pointers as I am already overwhelm looking at how much reading I have to do just to figure out where to start…multiply by 3 cases.

Thanks

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Welcome to the forum. BTW, there's a "Manila Thread for English Speaking". You'll see it soon enough.

Anyway, it's not so bad. You are Canadian Citizen right? That eliminates 1 case. That means your baby is also Canadian Citizen, you just have to get/apply for Proof of Citizenship. That eliminates a 2nd case. Finally now, you "sponsor" your wife for permanent residence or "PR". Since she is there, you apply "outland" and if it's an otherwise straight forward case it could be done in ... well mine took 8 months (no child involved). Yours is, but really just about already taken care of with the Proof of Citizenship that you will get much faster than the PR for your wife. If you don't mind posting it, what province are you in?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Now to point out (separately). You WILL have to prove that you intend to settle in Canada after your spouse is granted PR. You can do this with 'support letters from family', 'enquiries into rental or real estate properties, 'job offers' if you can get one for your line of work, etc. Others will post more ideas I am sure also.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
jakesakic said:
Long complex story short, I am looking into going back to live In Canada after 10+years but now I have a wife and a kid on the way, I am hoping to move us all back to Canada for a while.

I perceive a lot of potential issues:
- I have no clue where to start
- I have been in Canada for 1month in the past 12years
- I do not have a job in Canada so no income to show (my family will cover for me but I wonder what it will do for her application if we both of us have no income)
- My Wife has no degree etc
- We lived together for more than 2 years in Philippines, but just got married(2months before the coming birth of our first child)

So the way I see it, the baby + the wife + Me are 3 separates process of paperwork towards getting us there. I don't even know if I can my family sponsor her to bypass conventional immigration.

I have a lot to read-research but if anyone been through that or are in my situation I would appreciate pointers as I am already overwhelm looking at how much reading I have to do just to figure out where to start...multiply by 3 cases.

Thanks
You should have no problem about the timeline of your marriage because you were already common law for 2 years in the Philippines. You will need to request all your documents from NSO - your marriage certificate, her birth certificate. She can get an NBI clearance just about anywhere, it has to be within 3 months of your application date. Then start to gather your proof of relationship - maybe graph it out on a timeline, how you met, the development of the relationship up to now. Get together your wedding photos and photos of the two of you through your relationship. And write out a plan for your settlement in Canada, because you have to prove to them that you intend to move back to Canada once you get the visas. Get a letter from your family, explaining how they will help you guys get on your feet, try and get a job offer.. just things to show you have a plan.
These are all the forms you will get friendly with over the next little while:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

jakesakic

Feb 21, 2013
Wow, you guys are fast to respond, and with reassuring post too, thanks.

Family's all in quebec/ontario so i will go there first (is there an advantage on choosing one over the other?).

baby-wise i assume, Canadian don't require DNA testing like the states (not that it's not my kids but i personally don't need pay to find out that my kids got my DNA as he already has my stubborn personality and he's not even out yet! hehehe) but i wonder if they require testing.

Wife-wise, i also was wondering, on a less "official" manner, if the partnership "proof" process is lenient or strict (because apart for some pictures, that really don't say much, well i don't even know what else i have that would represent a proof)

I didn't think about that at all yet(and got a 12 year rap-sheet of bouncing from one country to the next) nor that i thought about the job. Basically any idea on what "settling" mean to canada's eye? was thinking 1-2 years...

any chance i can manage to do all that "outland" for the 3 of us and get there all together?

Alright, I've got a lot of reading to do, I didn't expect that quick of and answer from you guys...

Thanks guys!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
jakesakic said:
Family's all in quebec/ontario so i will go there first (is there an advantage on choosing one over the other?).
The process is slightly different for Quebec. There's no advantage really for either.
baby-wise i assume, Canadian don't require DNA testing like the states
They don't usually ask for DNA testing, but they can if they are suspicious for some reason. In any case you do not have to submit DNA tests with the initial application. In the extremely unlikely case they want them done, they will ask for them later.
Wife-wise, i also was wondering, on a less "official" manner, if the partnership "proof" process is lenient or strict (because apart for some pictures, that really don't say much, well i don't even know what else i have that would represent a proof)
It depends. If your relationship has a lot of red flages - such as a huge age difference - then the visa officer will expect more proof. Because you have actually been living with your spouse for a while, the visa officer will be less suspicious. Try to think of any proof you can get that you have been living together. You can get letters from family, friends, landlords, your doctor, etc. stating that they know you are in a genuine relationship with you wife.
I didn't think about that at all yet(and got a 12 year rap-sheet of bouncing from one country to the next) nor that i thought about the job. Basically any idea on what "settling" mean to canada's eye? was thinking 1-2 years...
If you tell CIC on the application that you are only thinking of staying in Canada for 1 or 2 years, they will probably refuse the visa. Don't mention how long you plan to stay - you and your wife may change your minds anyway, so really you don't know. Because you have been living outside of Canada for so long, you will need more proof than average that you plan to return to Canada. Get letters from your family members stating they will let you stay in their house until you both get jobs, or will be offering other types of support. Job offers or a proof of a job seaarch are good. Use anything you can to show you plan to move back to Canada, including things you are doing to prepare to leave the Philippines, such as packing and shipping your goods, quitting your job, etc.
any chance i can manage to do all that "outland" for the 3 of us and get there all together?
A Canadian citizen can sponsor from outside of Canada, but will have to include proof that he will return to Canada with the PR visa applicant.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
You did not mention if you are a Canadian citizen (but you post-header suggests that). If you are a Canadian citizen, then your child would be granted Canadian Citizenship. You would then have to apply for sponsoring your spouse. For sponsoring a spouse, you do not need to meet the minimum income. But you have to provide proof that you would settle (permanently, not "1-2 years") in Canada.