10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
My work permit expires Jan 3rd 2016.
I got AOR on Nov 1st and my file is obviously still in process and will not be done before Jan 3rd.

I know it is possible to get a Bridging open work permit.. but my question is, did anyone try to do is while flag poling?
I am from a visa except country so i've flag polled before 3 times already.. But not sure if Bridging can be done at the boarder.. ?

I really don't want to wait those 3-4 months for my bridge (probably will get PPR by then) but i like being in statue and not implied or anything like that..

Would appreciate any insights or ideas..

Thanks.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My understanding is that you cannot apply for the BOWP at the border.

Someone linked to this recently

Please note the following foreign nationals do not qualify for a bridging work permit:

Foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (work permit exempt) situations.
Foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status.
Foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months and/or already have a new LMO that can be used as the basis for new work permit application
Foreign nationals applying for a bridging work permit at the port of entry.
Spouse and dependents of the principal permanent resident applicant.

canada108

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While applying for a bridging work permit I am getting the following error. does any one know why ?

Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form.