+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Work Permit - CEC Application

agitator

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,

I am applying for my PR next week. Also a bridging work permit , as my current open work permit is expiring on October 2nd.

My TRV has already expired last month.

Once I have my bridging work permit can I travel outside Canada?

I'm in a wheelchair and need to have an medical operation in India.

Can I get back into Canada with the bridging work permit?

Thank you and god bless!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
In order to get a BOWP you need your CEC file number. If your application is complete and you meet all the requirements, send it ASAP. Once you receive your file number (AOR) then you can apply for BOWP.

Once you get your BOWP you need to apply for a TRV to get back into Canada. BOWP is a permit.

All the best,

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
If we apply BOWP while in Canada and before it is approved, if we leave Canada, then is the BOWP valid and can be used to come back to Canada ?

Max07

Aug 20, 2014
If you leave while the BOWP is in process, it will become void. Also to come back to Canada you would be needing a valid TRV. WP is not a travel doc.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

agitator said:
Hi,

I am applying for my PR next week. Also a bridging work permit , as my current open work permit is expiring on October 2nd.

My TRV has already expired last month.

Once I have my bridging work permit can I travel outside Canada?

I'm in a wheelchair and need to have an medical operation in India.

Can I get back into Canada with the bridging work permit?

Thank you and god bless!
1. If you are sending your application next week, and your wp expires on the 02/10/14 then you won't have your AOR before your wp expires. You won't be eligible for a BOWP.
2. So you won't have a valid work permit, you won't be eligible to apply for a TRV in Canada.
3. So unless you have an approved LMIA and apply for a new work permit, or apply for extension in Canada as a visitor (visitors not eligible for TRV in Canada) you will have to leave.