+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging visa with Express Entry

1_Soph_1

May 15, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the EE and I'm wondering if there is a way to apply for an open work permit or a bridging visa?
I know that it was possible with the old system and I'm eligible for the CEC through the EE. Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks!
Soph

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible under EE as well. You'll need to get an ITA, submit documents and wait for the AOR before you can do this.

Bridging work permit: eligibility parameters

To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they are currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire in four months or less;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or the two caregiver classes;
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above;
they have applied for an open work permit; and
they have paid the work permit processing fee and the Open Work Permit Holder fee.
Source ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey for that you need to get selected. And after ITA you have to submit your application then wait for AOR.

If you are short of time then you can apply with this AOR. Otherwise as suggested by others on this forum you require indeed a 2nd AOR after completeness check in order to BOWP....