+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Visa whilst waiting for decision on PR (Express Entry)

Nutshell

Aug 7, 2015
Hi,

I received my nomination through PNP and was selected from the Express Entry pool. I just applied for PR through Express Entry 2 weeks ago. However, my current working visa expires in November and I heard they are taking about 4 months to process PR applications so I've been told I need to get a bridging visa. I have only vague information on how to do this. I was told I need to:

1. Go to the border to get the bridging visa
2. My employer has to pay a fee

I've spent HOURS searching for information that makes sense on exactly what I have to do but nothing makes any sense. I can't seem to find how my employer is meant to pay the fee, nor the form(s) I'm meant to complete.

If anyone has been in the same situation and can let me know what I'm meant to do.... or a website that has all the information and forms etc, I'll be forever grateful! I'm so confused!

Thanks

Shanksw007

Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2015
Doc's Request.
04- 09-2015
Nomination.....
AINP 15-09-2015
AOR Received.
01-09-2015
IELTS Request
04-09-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
LANDED..........
15-11-2015
Hi Nutshell,

Please see the link below and read about Express Entry and Bridging work permit issuance, It will give you a clear idea.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Hope this help, Let me know Thanks

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nutshell said:
Hi,

I received my nomination through PNP and was selected from the Express Entry pool. I just applied for PR through Express Entry 2 weeks ago. However, my current working visa expires in November and I heard they are taking about 4 months to process PR applications so I've been told I need to get a bridging visa. I have only vague information on how to do this. I was told I need to:

1. Go to the border to get the bridging visa
2. My employer has to pay a fee

I've spent HOURS searching for information that makes sense on exactly what I have to do but nothing makes any sense. I can't seem to find how my employer is meant to pay the fee, nor the form(s) I'm meant to complete.

If anyone has been in the same situation and can let me know what I'm meant to do.... or a website that has all the information and forms etc, I'll be forever grateful! I'm so confused!

Thanks
The link will take you to the application. You can see that neither of the things you've been told are true. YOU pay the fee - $255 now, with the extra open work permit fee tacked on, and you can apply electronically. While you wait for a decision, you are allowed to work on implied status, but don't leave Canada until your applications are decided.