+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permits Questions....

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi there,

I have a few questions on the application for OWP. I posted them in the existing threads but I am still having trouble filling it in.

Here are the questions:
1. On the application form itself, do we have to mention our application number of our permanent residency? I am applying online and did the quiz. Is that sufficient enough to prove that I have AOR for my PR application?

2. With regards to the document number for the most recent work permit (in my case), where on my work permit can I find information? Should I just leave it blank?

3. I am currently on PGWP which is expiring soon and applying for OWP. The employer will be the same as the one I am with (BUT I have no LMO). In this case, I am applying for:
- A work permit with the same employer
- A work permit with a new employer
OR
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Which one does OWP with the same employer fall under?

4. Am I supposed to fill in the employer information on the application? I am going to be working wit the same company but I do not have LMO.

Thanks in advance...

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Ottawa10 said:
Hi there,

I have a few questions on the application for OWP. I posted them in the existing threads but I am still having trouble filling it in.

Here are the questions:
1. On the application form itself, do we have to mention our application number of our permanent residency? I am applying online and did the quiz. Is that sufficient enough to prove that I have AOR for my PR application?

2. With regards to the document number for the most recent work permit (in my case), where on my work permit can I find information? Should I just leave it blank?

You can find the document number in your work permit on the top left corner ...It usually starts with letter 'U" ( for primary applicant)
under the small box..

3. I am currently on PGWP which is expiring soon and applying for OWP. The employer will be the same as the one I am with (BUT I have no LMO). In this case, I am applying for:
- A work permit with the same employer

You can select 'Same Employer'

- A work permit with a new employer
OR
- Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Which one does OWP with the same employer fall under?

4. Am I supposed to fill in the employer information on the application? I am going to be working wit the same company but I do not have LMO.

Don't need to provide any employer details for 'Open work permit'

Thanks in advance...

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi IMMI-123,

Thanks for your response.
So I do not have have give my employer info even though I am applying "A work permit with the same employer"?

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Though , you apply for the same employer, you don't need to provide your employer details. Try to do it online, which is faster.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks, IMMI-123.

Just to clarify...
So Under details of Intended Work in Canada:
Question 1. Open Work Permit
Question 2 - 7: leave them all blank?

thanks again...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Ottawa10 said:
I am applying online and did the quiz. Is that sufficient enough to prove that I have AOR for my PR application?
The VO will be able to look up your file and verify it.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Yes to 'Open work Permit.

I entered NA for the employer details. Instead of Leaving Blank ( it might give you error during bar code generation), you can enter Not Applicable.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
I am filing online.
Do you need to submit Document Checklist (IMM 5556)?
If so where would you attach it?
You scan your IMM 5710 and IMM 5556 together and file them as one?

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
I think I am doing something completely wrong here.
I am filing this online and just completed IMM5710E, and validated reads as Yes.
However when I saved it on my computer, the saved file reads as Validated No.

I cannot upload a scanned IMM5710E... How do I go about loading IMM5710E in the system with Validation?

Please someone advise me.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Ottawa10 said:
I am filing online.
Do you need to submit Document Checklist (IMM 5556)?
If so where would you attach it?
You scan your IMM 5710 and IMM 5556 together and file them as one?
I Didn't attach the check list and the IMM 5710 you don't need to sign when submitted online, so you just save and attach it, you don't need to scan.

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Karioca said:
I Didn't attach the check list and the IMM 5710 you don't need to sign when submitted online, so you just save and attach it, you don't need to scan.
Hi Karioca,

When I save the document on my computer, the saved document reads as Not Validated....
do you know why that is?
I did validate prior to saving.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Ottawa10 said:
Hi Karioca,

When I save the document on my computer, the saved document reads as Not Validated....
do you know why that is?
I did validate prior to saving.
I remember that mine was validated, but I'm not at home now to check my file. Hopefully someone is online now than can help you. And when I get home and have access to my file I will come back here.