23-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-10-2013 applied for VISA
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2013 got the VISA
LANDED..........
06-12-2013
Hi There,

I'm holding post graduation work permit and applied for PR through express entry though my work permit is getting expire in 3 months. thus i have few question regarding to Bridging work permit if you guys can help me?

1) Whats the deadline for applying bridging work permit ? i.e. 30 days before expire my work permit or even 1 day before i can do?
2) Suppose i applied earlier and by chance i got approval my PR also received my landing paper then can i cancel my bridging open work permit? if it isn't started process then can i get refund?

please help me for this dilemma.

Thank You in advance,
Pankil

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Hi There,

I'm holding post graduation work permit and applied for PR through express entry though my work permit is getting expire in 3 months. thus i have few question regarding to Bridging work permit if you guys can help me?

1) Whats the deadline for applying bridging work permit ? i.e. 30 days before expire my work permit or even 1 day before i can do?
2) Suppose i applied earlier and by chance i got approval my PR also received my landing paper then can i cancel my bridging open work permit? if it isn't started process then can i get refund?

Thank You in advance,
Pankil
1). You can apply before your current work permit expires. (before 1 day is also fine)
2). If IRCC has not started processing your work permit and before that, if you withdraw then you can get a refund

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hi There,

Thank You in advance,
Pankil
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
Even though there is no deadline to apply, its recommended to apply asap to remain in status and continue working.