+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit questions

JaumeNG

May 3, 2019
Hello,

I got issued a Nomination Certificate on May 2018 through the Strategic Recruitment Stream. Optional and Compulsory Trades

I sent an application for a bridging open work permit but I have a few important questions I would like to clarify about it.

There is two sections in my certificate where it states that there is "No restrictions" on employment, and it also states "NO JOB OFFER" in the "PROV./TERR.STREAM". There is however a section that says "NAME OF OCCUPATION AND NOC COOK 6322 - COOKS" so I was wondering if it would possible able to change my job once my Bridging open work permit is issued, and, if there is any other restrictions that aren't specified in the certificate or that I should be aware of, as I would like to still qualify as an Alberta Nominee.

The reason I am asking is because at the moment, I have a potential which would be a big step forward in my career and an excellent working opportunity . This is Part Time position, as the Kitchen only operates when is booked for banquets and conferences, but it provides the wages and working conditions that would be sufficient to sustain myself with high probability of promotion to Executive Chef.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have 2 Part Time positions and still qualify as a Provincial Nominee? The 1st and most important goal for me is to become a Permanent Resident of Canada therefore I wouldn't like to make any changes that affect my application.

Thanks in advance!

JaumeNG

May 3, 2019
I realize there's not a lot of information in this matter. But really nobody knows about a similar case? I tried calling the AINP 3 times but they all have different answers, and my friend who applied a year ago stopped working for 3 months while holding a BOWP and then changed jobs 2 times without even notifying the AINP and she just got her request for the medical exam after 11 months. Am I so asume that is always totally up to the AINP to verify where you're working? Does it matter wether you apply through Employer Driven, Strategic Recruitment, or Semi Skilled?