+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit Question

cvkpost

Jul 28, 2018
After graduating, I got a three-year work permit. It expires soon (September). I am currently waiting for my PR decision (Ontario provincial nominee stream). I passed my medical examination in April. I made a mistake and applied for a regular work permit extension. The officer rejected my application and said that I need to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit.

When I use an online application, it asks me: "Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?" My online ECAS says the following about my eligibility: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." However, the notes that I ordered in early June say that I passed eligibility. I am wondering how I shall respond to the question about approvement in principle (yes or no) and whether I should apply for Bridging Open Work Permit online or paper.

Are there any other eligibility criteria that need to be passed for PNP? Additionaly, my nomination does not place any restrictions

Last edited: