+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****Bridging open work permit query***

sai santosh068

Jun 24, 2015
Hello guys, I am in a stressful situation seeking help, my work permit is expiring today , nov 8th, so in order to extend my stay I am trying to apply b.o.w.p as I have already submitted my PR application. But the cic isn't accepting my bowp application, I couldn't upload file . I double checked and tried all possible ways I even tried putting nov 9th as expiry date. But still failed to upload the file. What could be the reason for this and what are my options now. Please provide me with valuable suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello guys, I am in a stressful situation seeking help, my work permit is expiring today , nov 8th, so in order to extend my stay I am trying to apply b.o.w.p as I have already submitted my PR application. But the cic isn't accepting my bowp application, I couldn't upload file . I double checked and tried all possible ways I even tried putting nov 9th as expiry date. But still failed to upload the file. What could be the reason for this and what are my options now. Please provide me with valuable suggestions.
Do you have AOR?

sai santosh068

Jun 24, 2015
Yes I do have AOR

Now I have submitted Bridging work permit , on 8th nov, but my cic account says date received nov 9th. After some research done, came to know cic.gc.ca follows utc time zone , but when I submitted application, it was nov 8th est.
So it is soo tricky now . Not sure whether they consider my file or not. ☹☹

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I do have AOR

Now I have submitted Bridging work permit , on 8th nov, but my cic account says date received nov 9th. After some research done, came to know cic.gc.ca follows utc time zone , but when I submitted application, it was nov 8th est.
So it is soo tricky now . Not sure whether they consider my file or not. ☹☹
IRCC follows UTC time, not time zones.

Date and time of receipt of application
The date and time of receipt are important for determining if status is maintained under subsection R183(5). For electronic applications, the department uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) around the world to ensure that time is equal for all. Therefore, receipt dates and times do not depend on time zones; all applications must be submitted before midnight UTC on the date the applicant’s status expires. If the application was received after midnight UTC on the date of expiry, the applicant does not maintain their status under subsection R183(5).

Temporary residents: Maintained status during processing (previously called implied status) - Canada.ca

sai santosh068

Jun 24, 2015
☹ so my application has high chances of rejection. In order to restore my status what should I do? What would you suggest. ?