Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
Hi All

I was wondering that in the EE syetem, when would one be eligible to apply for bridge work permit

- after recieving the AOR of file applied in any stream (like CEC, PNP, etc.)
or
- aftre getting invitation from CIC for PR

wolfey

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
hi, yes i also would like know this as my current visa runs out in April 2015, so not sure what waiting times are going be like. If you hear anything please let me know.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
I don't want to sound pessimist but it could happen that the bridging work permit comes to an end as an approved LMIA to support permanent residency could be requested to be able to stay working in Canada. Just saying...

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
As always, we have no idea right now on most of the operational details on EE.

My guess would be after receiving AOR in one of the stream. Just like now.

wolfey

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
So do ye think I will have enough time between January and 12th April when I apply.? Any tips,help would be great.
sorry for butting in on your tread too ! ;D

icanadian

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2015
sk6492 said:
Hi All

I was wondering that in the EE syetem, when would one be eligible to apply for bridge work permit

- after recieving the AOR of file applied in any stream (like CEC, PNP, etc.)
or
- aftre getting invitation from CIC for PR
Once you receive ITA you need to apply and pay your fees. With that payment acknowledgement you should be good to apply for bringing open work permit.

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
icanadian said:
Once you receive ITA you need to apply and pay your fees. With that payment acknowledgement you should be good to apply for bringing open work permit.
And the time between applying in and receiving ITA can be anything depending on your luck....that would be tough even for those having 3 yr work permit then, God save the 1 yr work permit guys.

And they made getting work permit through LIMA tough too

So now I was thinking that if it is possible if we can apply in CEC after working for an year, meeting all the requirements and go back to our home country and wait for ITA and then PR (or OBWP). Will we still be in the game that way??

Thanks

susana

Nov 4, 2008
sk6492 said:
And the time between applying in and receiving ITA can be anything depending on your luck....that would be tough even for those having 3 yr work permit then, God save the 1 yr work permit guys.

So now I was thinking that if it is possible if we can apply in CEC after working for an year, meeting all the requirements and go back to our home country and wait for ITA and then PR (or OBWP). Will we still be in the game that way??

Thanks

Under the current regulations you need to have a valid work permit to be elegible for a bridging open work permit , if you apply for CEC and your employer doesn't want to renew your current work permit , you have two choices : apply for a visior record and say in Canada until an decisión is made in your PR (you will need to prove you have enough funds to live here for at least one year ) or go back to your country and wait for the decision there and come back as a Permanent Resident .

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
susana said:
Under the current regulations you need to have a valid work permit to be elegible for a bridging open work permit , if you apply for CEC and your employer doesn't want to renew your current work permit , you have two choices : apply for a visior record and say in Canada until an decisión is made in your PR (you will need to prove you have enough funds to live here for at least one year ) or go back to your country and wait for the decision there and come back as a Permanent Resident .
Now thats cool....
I just have 1 year permit and will have just enough time to complete 1 yr work experience. So apply for PR go for vacations at home country and come back with PR lyk a Boss!!

BUt this sounds like a fantasy, can things be that simple with CIC! :-X

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Believe it or not CEC is the easiest program to qualify for PR as long as you have the requirements. Is a pass/fail process. The must important part of the supporting documents is the letter of employment. Hours worked and wages.

tempa

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so once you got ITA, submit your application and got AOR.
Then you are good to apply BOWP?
will that effect your status of EE? cause it's not LMIA base work permit anymore?

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sk6492 said:

Thanks
Here is the situation, many of us are in. So, a person applied under CEC but his/her LMIA exempt work permit has expired, (s)he now has to leave Canada which means (s)he is going to automatically lose their current job, right? Cause an employer won't wait until (s)he is eligible to come back, it might take 6 months or even more, no employer will wait for that long. And if you lose your job, you'll have to update your EE profile, stating that you do NOT have a job offer and this brings your score down. While you will remain in the pool until that 12 months period comes to an end and you are still eligible under CEC, you practically have no chance to get an ITA due to a very low score. So, most likely you won't get it and will be removed from the pool automatically when the period of staying in the pool (12 months) ends. Is that correct?

Laura1633

Jan 5, 2015
Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made
For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

This is from the bowp page... But I don't understand it myself. For the fswp what are the ministerial instructions activity?