+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit for Spouse ONLY

moin.nawaz

Mar 16, 2017
Hello Team,
Looking for urgent advise as work permit to expire by month end.
My wife is the Principal Applicant (PA) for PR application. We applied in Aug 2018 and have acknowledgement letter stating that bridging open work permit can be applied (IMM 5794). Me and my child are co-applicant in the PR application.
Now, my wife (PA) does not want to work after month end.
So, Can I as a spouse apply for a BOWP even if the PA does not want to apply for the BOWP.
Can I go to my own cic profile and use the IMM 5794 letter and apply for BOWP. Currently, I hold an open WP valid till month end.
Fyi - I answered all eligibility Q (spouse of PR applicant) and am able to process an application for OWP in my cic profile. (know this is not an approval guarantee)
Since time is close I needed advise so I can plan alternatives. Thanks all for reading!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Team,
Looking for urgent advise as work permit to expire by month end.
My wife is the Principal Applicant (PA) for PR application. We applied in Aug 2018 and have acknowledgement letter stating that bridging open work permit can be applied (IMM 5794). Me and my child are co-applicant in the PR application.
Now, my wife (PA) does not want to work after month end.
So, Can I as a spouse apply for a BOWP even if the PA does not want to apply for the BOWP.
Can I go to my own cic profile and use the IMM 5794 letter and apply for BOWP. Currently, I hold an open WP valid till month end.
Fyi - I answered all eligibility Q (spouse of PR applicant) and am able to process an application for OWP in my cic profile. (know this is not an approval guarantee)
Since time is close I needed advise so I can plan alternatives. Thanks all for reading!
The short answer is no. Only your wife qualifies for a BOWP - you do not. You qualify for a SOWP if your spouse has a valid work permit and is working in a skilled job.