+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit after PR

fraterj

Jun 14, 2019
I am on implied status since July 5th as my work permit expired. However, I have applied for PR and so applied for the bridging open work permit. I also applied for a visitor visa just in the event there are issues with my application.

Is it ok to have pending applications for visitor visa and work permit? Or can I only have one at a time?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Usually you need to apply bowl before extending your trv. I'm curious to know what officer will take action on. Cause ttc usually based in permits status.If no permit usually won't have you the trv.

Reactions: fraterj

fraterj

Jun 14, 2019
yeah, that's why I'm not sure what do. I applied for both before my status expired. I'm just curious to know if it is ok to apply for both at same time or if it is a case where if you have a work permit implied status you don't need a visitor visa since there is already status as a worker?

choo_i16

Jun 3, 2019
Since you have already applied, then nothing much you can worry about. it hink they kinda work differently... however u may end up need to reapply your trv after getting your bowp.