+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

madhu19

Mar 9, 2021
Hey all!

I'm looking to apply for the BOWP. Any help will be appreciated.

This is my current situation;
-Received AOR 7 months ago (AUG 2020) under Canadian Experience Class
-Currently on LMIA based work permit (laid off due to Covid). expires June 2021

Looking for the following answers;
1. Will the BOWP act as a regular open work permit?
2. Will I be able to work on implied BOWP status (with the same or any other employer)?
3. If I do not receive a decision and my status expires, will I be able to remain in Canada on implied BOWP status?

Thank you!

Anneeee

Jan 26, 2022
Hey all!

I'm looking to apply for the BOWP. Any help will be appreciated.

This is my current situation;
-Received AOR 7 months ago (AUG 2020) under Canadian Experience Class
-Currently on LMIA based work permit (laid off due to Covid). expires June 2021

Looking for the following answers;
1. Will the BOWP act as a regular open work permit?
2. Will I be able to work on implied BOWP status (with the same or any other employer)?
3. If I do not receive a decision and my status expires, will I be able to remain in Canada on implied BOWP status?

Thank you!
Hi, I am new to this forum and I found your question. Apparently we have the same situation my LMIA is going to expire March 2022. It will definitely help if you're houng yo share what happened with your situation. Thank you!

Belle16

Nov 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received an email from IRCC saying that my BOWP has been approved and will expire on March 24, 2022. Address and photo still pending in PR portal since Nov 2021.

A friend of mine got hers extended for 2 years. For me is only 4 months. My passport is not an issue as it will expire by April 2028.

Is there anyway that they will extend this because IRCC is taking so long. I have not received my CoPR yet.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

I received an email from IRCC saying that my BOWP has been approved and will expire on March 24, 2022. Address and photo still pending in PR portal since Nov 2021.

A friend of mine got hers extended for 2 years. For me is only 4 months. My passport is not an issue as it will expire by April 2028.

Is there anyway that they will extend this because IRCC is taking so long. I have not received my CoPR yet.
I have heard this the same from 2 more people who just got their bridging open work permit visa for 3-4 months. As their applications for permanent residency not finalized yet. It means they are asking for more time

Belle16

Nov 29, 2017
I have heard this the same from 2 more people who just got their bridging open work permit visa for 3-4 months. As their applications for permanent residency not finalized yet. It means they are asking for more time
Do you know if they’re gonna renew their BOWP again? I even got GCMS notes and read parts of it. There was no update regarding CoPR

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Do you know if they’re gonna renew their BOWP again? I even got GCMS notes and read parts of it. There was no update regarding CoPR
No idea what they are doing. But these days ircc giving extensions for few weeks/ months, so they supposed to finalize the pr applications in that time

Reactions: Belle16