+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP with spouse ???? Please help

SSGarg

Mar 30, 2024
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP is expiring in few days and I want to apply for BOWP with my wife. She is on spouse open work permit right now. I am the primary applicant. Can I add her in my BOWP application or we need to apply some separate open work permit for her? And if I apply her BOWP as well, can she continue her work from the day of application submission or should wait for the approval?

And from previous forums I get to understand that we can apply for BOWP without ITA and AOR and later submit it through webform after receiving ITA.

Seniors, please help.
Thankyou in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP is expiring in few days and I want to apply for BOWP with my wife. She is on spouse open work permit right now. I am the primary applicant. Can I add her in my BOWP application or we need to apply some separate open work permit for her? And if I apply her BOWP as well, can she continue her work from the day of application submission or should wait for the approval?

And from previous forums I get to understand that we can apply for BOWP without ITA and AOR and later submit it through webform after receiving ITA.

Seniors, please help.
Thankyou in advance.
You need ITA and AOR to apply for BOWP. The whole point of BOWP is that you have received ITA. So no you cannot apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Reactions: Lord_Tony

SSGarg

Mar 30, 2024
I am finding the answers for my above 2 queries. @Naturgrl. Rest I know about ITA and AOR, don’t worry please.

Hi Everyone,

Seniors, please help.
Thankyou in advance.
[/QUOTE]

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am finding the answers for my above 2 queries. @Naturgrl. Rest I know about ITA and AOR, don’t worry please.

Hi Everyone,

Seniors, please help.
Thankyou in advance.
So if you know about ITA and AOR, then you know you cannot apply for BOWP without ITA/AOR. Are you expected ITA?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I have ITA and AOR now, please someone clear my queries.
I misread your post. You never said you got ITA and had AOR. Is your spouse listed as accompanying or non-accompanying on your PR application? Follow the link for your BOWP. Spouse files for open work permit based on your ITA and job. Spouse doesn’t get a BOWP.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

SSGarg

Mar 30, 2024
My spouse listed as accompanying in the PR file. So if I apply for BOWP as primary applicant and add my spouse in that application then can she be eligible to continue her work from the day of application submission?

gildathomas

Dec 31, 2018
Hi,

Same situation. My PR is under process with spouse accompanying. Our work permit is expiring in August 2024. I’m planning to file my BOWP along with my spouse.
So my question is here, Do we need to file a single BOWP application along with my spouse from the primary applicant’s IRCC portal or do we need to file individual BOWP applications by logging in to different GC key portals?

Your response is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.