+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP refused. PR application put on hold because I'm out of status.

immanii

Feb 25, 2024
My BOWP got refused because my PNP is not valid anymore. They sent me the following email.

"This email is regarding your application for permanent residence to Canada. Please note that since the recent refusal of your work permit extension, you are currently without valid status in Canada. As such, it is not possible for you to become a permanent resident from within Canada until this situation is resolved. Your options are to either apply to have your status reinstated, or to leave Canada and return to become a permanent resident with the other members of your family.

Please advise me on your preferred course of action."

So they took more than 3 months processing time just to refuse it in the end. Also, does this mean that my PR is approved but cannot be granted in this situation? What can I apply for to have my status reinstated? Any advice would be appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My BOWP got refused because my PNP is not valid anymore. They sent me the following email.

"This email is regarding your application for permanent residence to Canada. Please note that since the recent refusal of your work permit extension, you are currently without valid status in Canada. As such, it is not possible for you to become a permanent resident from within Canada until this situation is resolved. Your options are to either apply to have your status reinstated, or to leave Canada and return to become a permanent resident with the other members of your family.

Please advise me on your preferred course of action."

So they took more than 3 months processing time just to refuse it in the end. Also, does this mean that my PR is approved but cannot be granted in this situation? What can I apply for to have my status reinstated? Any advice would be appreciated.
You need to apply for restoration. PR cannot be granted while you are out of status.