+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP refused Dec 2015, out of status, restoration (In Canada PR PNP application)

Jozzef

Sep 4, 2014
Hey, any help would be greatly appreciated...

This is my situation in short:
--- I am an Ontario PNP applicant Masters stream
--- Apllied with PNP certificate for PR in June 2015
--- Submitted BOWP application on Sep 2, 2015 and in the process my work permit (PGWP) expired so I was on "implied status" until the decision on BOWP was made
--- Received AOR on September 9, 2015
--- My PGWP expired on Oct 11, 2015
--- BOWP refused on December 3, 2015 - even with AOR but Eligibility was NOT set to "passed" in GCMS (reason for refusal)
--- and I am currently out of status...LMIA option is an option NOT available to me...

1) Did anyone restore status to visitor successfully in order to stay in Canada and wait out the finalization of their PR application?
2) What happens if you leave Canada and wait for PR application to be finalized in your home country? Is it still being processed? Anyone managed to do it? Does the process switch to the office responsible for your home country or it stays in Canada, if at all?
3) Any other alternative options besides these two above-mentioned...while waiting for my PR application to be finalized (to get out of this "out of status" situation but not jeopardize my PR application)?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

yokomo

Nov 29, 2013
what?! declined with AOR?! why? did you provide the employment letter( this is not a necessary though)?
and currently they are working on Aug.2nd applications and you are September applicant?

Jon_Snow

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2015
Nomination.....
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-11-2015
Med's Done....
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-05-2016
Jozzef said:
Hey, any help would be greatly appreciated...

This is my situation in short:
--- I am an Ontario PNP applicant Masters stream
--- Apllied with PNP certificate for PR in June 2015
--- Submitted BOWP application on Sep 2, 2015 and in the process my work permit (PGWP) expired so I was on "implied status" until the decision on BOWP was made
--- Received AOR on September 9, 2015
--- My PGWP expired on Oct 11, 2015
--- BOWP refused on December 3, 2015 - even with AOR but Eligibility was NOT set to "passed" in GCMS (reason for refusal)
--- and I am currently out of status...LMIA option is an option NOT available to me...

1) Did anyone restore status to visitor successfully in order to stay in Canada and wait out the finalization of their PR application?
2) What happens if you leave Canada and wait for PR application to be finalized in your home country? Is it still being processed? Anyone managed to do it? Does the process switch to the office responsible for your home country or it stays in Canada, if at all?
3) Any other alternative options besides these two above-mentioned...while waiting for my PR application to be finalized (to get out of this "out of status" situation but not jeopardize my PR application)?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.
Hey Jozzef,

So sorry to hear about your situation...

I am kind of in the same situation right now....
I am also PNP Ontario Masters Canadidate...
My file was delivered on 31st July, 2015
Applied BOWP on 25th October
Got File number on 6th November....
Then I notified CIC about receiving my AOR...so they have put note on my file...also I did case specific inquiry and attached AOR in the file...
I have got response from CIC that the AOR document had been received and attached to my file...
my Work permit is expiring on 25 Feb...
So I am kind of worried by that time my Eligibility would be "Passed" or Not..
Also I received my GCMS notes for PR file dated 21st December...by that time they haven't started working on eligibility field..they were working on background check...
Right now the processing time is 130 days....
Hopefully by the time they process my BOWP Eligibility would pass....

Have you applied for Status Restoration?
Did u inquire that once you restore your status would you be eligible to get Open Work permit as we are PNP candidates?

Thanks
Best Regards...

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Hi

You can apply for restoration of status and normally they give you about six months give or take but you also have to prove you have the money to support yourself while you are here. Apply to restore status asap.