+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Refused - Can i apply for restoration in the border???

Sweetheart

Nov 25, 2015
This is my situation...

I applied for BOWP and got response from CIC today that my application was refused. (Exactly 10 days before my current work permit expires)
Does anybody know if it is possible to go to the nearest border and reapply for restoration of status.

Based on the letter that i received from CIC

"You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because
you have not provided the letter from the province indicating if your employment is restricted or
not for the Provincial Nominee Program. "

I forgot to include the work permit support letter that i got from my SINP nomination.

My PR application is already in process and i am just waiting for the passport request.
I am just worried because i cannot afford to stop working while waiting for my PR.

Any advise will be very much appreciated.

Thank you and God bless

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweetheart said:
This is my situation...

I applied for BOWP and got response from CIC today that my application was refused. (Exactly 10 days before my current work permit expires)
Does anybody know if it is possible to go to the nearest border and reapply for restoration of status.

"You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because
you have not provided the letter from the province indicating if your employment is restricted or

I forgot to include the work permit support letter that i got from my SINP nomination.

My PR application is already in process and i am just waiting for the passport request.
I am just worried because i cannot afford to stop working while waiting for my PR.

Thank you and God bless
Reapply online for BOWP with the required documents before your current status expires and you will be under Implied Status. You can continue working under this status. Good luck,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/implied.asp

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
UoW111 said:
Reapply online for BOWP with the required documents before your current status expires and you will be under Implied Status. You can continue working under this status. Good luck,
This. you can't apply for restoration at the border.

Sweetheart

Nov 25, 2015
Thank you for your response.

Im confused, if a reapply do i need to pay again all the fees? I paid 155 for the work permit and 100 for open work permit.

Do i need to pay for the restoration fee of 200? and send it with the application package even if my work permit is still valid for 10 days?

I will send my 2nd application package today.

moe1360

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Sweetheart said:

Im confused, if a reapply do i need to pay again all the fees? I paid 155 for the work permit and 100 for open work permit.

Do i need to pay for the restoration fee of 200? and send it with the application package even if my work permit is still valid for 10 days?

You need to pay 255 only for the new application.
No need to pay 200 restoration fee.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweetheart said:

no need to pay the restoration fees as your current status has not expired. just pay the application fees (155 + 100).

since your current status has not expired and you are applying for extension, you will be under implied status until you get decision made on the new app.

vikasshr

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Sep 2014
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2015
Med's Request
12 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
19 Feb 2016
Interview........
RRPF paid Upfront
Passport Req..
18 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-Apr 2016
LANDED..........
30-Apr 2016
Sweetheart said:
This is my situation...

Thank you and God bless

Are you PNP applicant or CEC.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
why are therer 2 fees?
Since they rejected it and you are still a week from your expiry,
just resend your application with the proper documentation .

You should be fine, maybe include a letter explaining that you are waiting for your passport request etc too.
always helps.