+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP is refused

romanic

Dec 31, 2013
Hi
I would like to have your advice on my case.
My PNP EE AoR is 29-Mar-17 and 39-Mar-17 I applied for BOWP (My WP would be expired on 31-May-17). After 3 months, My PR application has yet processed while my BOWP application was put ON HOLD until yesterday (3+ months). Last week, I submitted a web form to inquire about the delay of BOWP decision, and today I have received a refused letter. I don't understand as I have submitted all the required documents (PNP letter, AOR letter, employment letter, Explanation letter ...).
Anyone please helps for this urgent case. Thank you so much

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
[X] As per the new Citizenship and Immigration fee schedule in effect February 21, 2015, a new Open Work Permit Holder fee in the amount of $100.00 is required, in addition to the $155.00 processing fee. Payments must be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you must print a receipt of payment and include it with your application. PLEASE NOTE: Your temporary resident status expired 10 July 2017. You no longer meet the eligibility requirements for a Bridging Open Work Permit under Section 205(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Prior to resubmitting your application please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/applywho.asp to determine the requirements for a work permit.
[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status expired on 10 July 2017. You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:  a completed application form;  applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s). Payments should be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you must print the receipt of payment and include it with your application.  all required documents in support of your application.

pretty_woman1

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
you did not pay your fees? why? of course, they will refuse!!!! pay and resubmit it. it says you have 90 days to restore everything.

romanic

Dec 31, 2013
Thank you for your advice. I figured out that I only paid 150$ for processing fee and was not asked to pay for the another 100$
But it seemed to be that I should to pay it manually. It was completely my mistake.
(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/openworkpermit.asp)

So here is my question:
Understand that I can only restore the status as visitor which means that I cannot work anymore.
Like that, what will be happened to my PR process? (Note that I applied under BC PNP) Will it be revoked too?