App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-04-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
We have applied for out PR at the end of March 2014, my husband who is the main applicant had to go back to the UK to work and is still there as his employer lost the contract. So now he has a job offer her in Canada which requires an BOWP or PR.

Is it possible or has anyone done this. My husband would like to come back to Canada for a weekend to apply for the BOWP and then come back to Canada when it's approved. His current WP expires end of April so hopefully our PR will be in by then. so under one of the requirements he will be in Canada at the time of applying for the BOWP. It doesn't state that he has to be working in Canada.

I understand this is the criteria - To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

they are currently in Canada;
they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
they have applied for an open work permit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You know the criteria, so you know the answer. Your question is a product of wishful thinking, your brain trying to find a loophole. There isn't one here, not without lying to CIC (I don't recommend it).

Nothing to stop him from applying. You never know, a VO might make an error in your favour. But most likely it will be a waste of the application fee, compounded by disappointment.

Best of luck in a speedy response to your PR application - if the employer won't go for an LMIA, that's your best hope.

ameorko

Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-04-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
jes_ON said:
You know the criteria, so you know the answer. Your question is a product of wishful thinking, your brain trying to find a loophole. There isn't one here, not without lying to CIC (I don't recommend it).

Nothing to stop him from applying. You never know, a VO might make an error in your favour. But most likely it will be a waste of the application fee, compounded by disappointment.

Best of luck in a speedy response to your PR application - if the employer won't go for an LMIA, that's your best hope.
I totally agree with you, we are desperate to have him back in the country hense the wishful thinking.

We would not lie to CIC as this could jeopardise our PR application. His employer would not be able to obtain a LMIA as there are Canadians to do his job now. He has a great relationship with his boss and if he has to will keep the possition open until we gain either a BOWP or PR.

We are very hopeful that our PR is here soon.