+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Application through mail

dchen

Jan 25, 2015
Hi all, as many of the members on this forum, I am running out of time on my PGWP, yet still waiting for a precious ITA from express entry. I'm sitting at 466 points and have also submitted my OINP application in February. But time is not really on my side at this moment.

My plan is to submit a BOWP application hoping that I can continue to work for a bit longer to minimize the impact of this sluggish immigration system on my career and income.

I checked on the CIC website, it states that it takes approximately 27 days to process a work permit extension submitted electronically, and 114 days for applications submitted in paper.

So my question is, does anyone know how to submit a BOWP application in paper, hoping that I can drag on to this process for as long as I can?

Thank you all so much in advance!

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My opinion is don't do BOWP application by mail, do it online to minimize time.
But the problem is you didn't get ITA yet ,so you can not submit application for BOWP.

Please check this guideline below :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Once you have ITA and then submit complete application , then you can apply for BOWP.

I wish you will get ITA very soon as you have really good points. Finger crossed!!

dchen said:
Hi all, as many of the members on this forum, I am running out of time on my PGWP, yet still waiting for a precious ITA from express entry. I'm sitting at 466 points and have also submitted my OINP application in February. But time is not really on my side at this moment.

My plan is to submit a BOWP application hoping that I can continue to work for a bit longer to minimize the impact of this sluggish immigration system on my career and income.

I checked on the CIC website, it states that it takes approximately 27 days to process a work permit extension submitted electronically, and 114 days for applications submitted in paper.

So my question is, does anyone know how to submit a BOWP application in paper, hoping that I can drag on to this process for as long as I can?

Thank you all so much in advance!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi whether you submit your application via Paper or Online you will be rejected without an AOR confirming you have submitted your PR documents.

Even worse you will not get back the 'Application Processing Fee'.

IRCC will not substitute a PR AOR with an AOR from a PNP application.

dchen

Jan 25, 2015
Thanks Prishah!

Yes I understand that my BOWP application wouldn't be approved without the EE AOR. So what I am trying to do is to prolong the implied status period for as much as possible.. and I'm hoping that by submitting through mail would help achieve this

prishah said:
My opinion is don't do BOWP application by mail, do it online to minimize time.
But the problem is you didn't get ITA yet ,so you can not submit application for BOWP.

Please check this guideline below :
(not allowed to post links)

Once you have ITA and then submit complete application , then you can apply for BOWP.

I wish you will get ITA very soon as you have really good points. Finger crossed!!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dchen said:
Thanks Prishah!

Yes I understand that my BOWP application wouldn't be approved without the EE AOR. So what I am trying to do is to prolong the implied status period for as much as possible.. and I'm hoping that by submitting through mail would help achieve this
Please note that 'Implied Status' is from the date you submit your BOWP application (with all the documents including AOR) until you receive an 'Approval' or 'Rejection' letter from IRCC. Submitting an Application without having all the correct documents could lead to sanctions on the basis that the VO adjudges you to have made a 'Misrepresentation' in your case (ie submitting a BOWP without an AOR when knowing an AOR is required for a BOWP to be approved).

Why put yourself through so much hassle?

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
"If your work permit expires after you have submitted your application for an extension but before you receive a decision on your application, you can stay in Canada under what is called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. That status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application."

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=474&top=17

Please share accurate information.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eucalyptus said:
"If your work permit expires after you have submitted your application for an extension but before you receive a decision on your application, you can stay in Canada under what is called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. That status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application."

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=474&top=17

Please share accurate information.
You have paraphrased what I typed:

"Please note that 'Implied Status' is from the date you submit your BOWP application (with all the documents including AOR) until you receive an 'Approval' or 'Rejection' letter from IRCC.

My point was that documents should not be submitted (in cases where the applicant knows they do not fulfill the criteria to receive the application approval).

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
JoacRy said:
You have paraphrased what I typed:

"Please note that 'Implied Status' is from the date you submit your BOWP application (with all the documents including AOR) until you receive an 'Approval' or 'Rejection' letter from IRCC.

My point was that documents should not be submitted (in cases where the applicant knows they do not fulfill the criteria to receive the application approval).
Hello,

Implied status does not commence "from the date you submit your application" unless you apply on the date of expiry of your current permit. It only applies AFTER your work permit has expired.

Also, there is nothing anywhere that speaks to employers "witholding" taxes etc. All taxes are deducted from your pay for the duration of your tenure at the company. :)