+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Born in Saudi Arabia but I don't hold Saudi citizenship – How to answer immigration questions?

asaci

Dec 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I need some help with an immigration form. I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia until the age of 17, but I have never been granted Saudi citizenship.

The form asks: "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?"

I'm unsure how to answer this. Technically, I was born in a country other than Canada, but I don't have citizenship there or anywhere else. Would it be correct to answer "yes" or "no"?

Has anyone else encountered this situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I need some help with an immigration form. I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia until the age of 17, but I have never been granted Saudi citizenship.

The form asks: "Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?"

I'm unsure how to answer this. Technically, I was born in a country other than Canada, but I don't have citizenship there or anywhere else. Would it be correct to answer "yes" or "no"?

Has anyone else encountered this situation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
So you are stateless and have no passport?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
What's your immigration status in KSA? Are you stateless and have no passport?

Reactions: scylla

asaci

Dec 27, 2017
What's your immigration status in KSA? Are you stateless and have no passport?
No, I am Algerian, born to Algerian parents. However, I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia where my father used to work. How should I answer that question?

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
No, I am Algerian, born to Algerian parents. However, I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia where my father used to work. How should I answer that question?
You are what you are. If you're Algerian, then that's what you write

asaci

Dec 27, 2017
You are what you are. If you're Algerian, then that's what you write
does that mean I should not include it
The answer is YES. you hold Algerian citizenship
Thank you for reply. I’ll include Algeria for sure, but does do I need to include that I was on a some sort of permit in Saudi Arabian? Im asking because the question asks for all immigration statuses I held in the past. Thank you.

vmax12

Jan 15, 2024
does that mean I should not include it

Thank you for reply. I’ll include Algeria for sure, but does do I need to include that I was on a some sort of permit in Saudi Arabian? Im asking because the question asks for all immigration statuses I held in the past. Thank you.
I would say give IRCC a call to inquire, that will be best just to make sure...

nmdemp

Feb 2, 2024
Contact with a consultant about this subject. This is a special matter. Nobody can give you a precise info in here.

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
You need to answer Yes...

You should provide the following details.
  • Algeria - Citizen
  • Saudi Arabia - Student (option 1) or Others (Resident) (Option 2)
My daughter was born in Dubai, UAE. She was an Indian national.
So I mentioned the following:
  • India- Citizen
  • UAE - Others (Resident)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
its a crucial process for who asked about this question. if something happen on his/her application would be responsible? so for you its a dumb suggestion ,for me professional help is better. I can discuss this forever my friend.
Again it is dumb suggestion, you want him to spend money to find out about that question?? he is Algerian Citizen..

Reactions: foodie69 and nmdemp