+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

born in canada live in uk want to return help

mikepulleyn

Dec 27, 2009
i have a canadian birth certificate but have lived most of my life in uk how easy would it be to go back to canada.

i also need help re a passport i dont even have a british one what should i do??

mike

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for your passport at http://www.ppt.gc.ca/index.aspx

You should probably apply for your UK passport too in case you need it one day to prove your UK status. In case you want to go back again.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
just wonder how you managed to live in the UK without passport? you are definitely eligible for Canadian one by birth.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Suin said:
just wonder how you managed to live in the UK without passport? you are definitely eligible for Canadian one by birth.
Easy, less than 30% of US citizens have passports, if you don't travel, you don't need a passport.

PMM

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, that's true, PMM. Lots of people in Canada do not have a passport either. I found it odd, as I always make sure to have a valid passport, but it's a different culture here.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot of people in the US and Canada don't have passports. They just travel within their country if they want to vacation. Nothing wrong with that, just different than if you live in a small country and have to leave if you want to see something.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He he he...

I know the reason and it wasn't criticism. :)

It's not that for me. I rarely traveled when I was back in Sweden. But I've learned that life is constantly throwing your curveballs, and you can never be sure when it's going to happen or what is going to happen, so I prefer to always be prepared. Keeping all my documents valid is just part of my general preparation for what might happen in life, so I keep a valid passport even when I have no plans to travel.

Leon said:
A lot of people in the US and Canada don't have passports. They just travel within their country if they want to vacation. Nothing wrong with that, just different than if you live in a small country and have to leave if you want to see something.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karlshammar said:
Keeping all my documents valid is just part of my general preparation for what might happen in life, so I keep a valid passport even when I have no plans to travel.
Yeah, me too. I remember I was renewing at some point and my niece asked me why "because you aren't going anywhere" but you never know. You could have a spur of the moment, win a trip somewhere, who knows and then you might not have time to renew.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
the same is with me, it's better to have it done in advance than to rush at the last moment.

now even travelling to the US Canadians need a passport.