+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Booking ticket with a friend's credit card

May 2, 2018
Hi all,

I have got my PR and we have booked the ticket with my friend's credit card (as there was an offer). (I have paid back the amount) Will it be a problem? If yes, can anyone please guide if there is a workaround for this?

Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi all,

I have got my PR and we have booked the ticket with my friend's credit card (as there was an offer). (I have paid back the amount) Will it be a problem? If yes, can anyone please guide if there is a workaround for this?

Thank you.
It only depends on the airline’s rules. It is usually OK. To be sure, check the airline’s website, call them, or have an authorization letter from your friend and a photocopy of your friend’s ID and credit card (if applicable or requested by the airline) at check-in.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Agree with the above the only way to be sure is to check with the airline given some airlines require a traveller to present the credit card at checkin supposedly as an anti fraud requirement . Some airlines have a process as described above with a letter from the credit card holder accepting liability for any transactions and absolving the airline from any financial loss.