+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth certificate

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
Hey guys,
So i have been doing my masters in usa and my husband who is in uk applied fr a dependent visa for me and he is the principal applicant and the list of documents required asks for a notarized birth certificate. So my question is usa does not notarize birth certificates so my birth certificate is from india. So is getting notarized in india fine ? I could ask my mother to get it notarized and send me a copy. Please help guys

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
A dependent visa for where?

The Canadian EE does not need birth certificates for the principal applicant and the accompanying spouse. Birth certificate is required only for your children.

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
The delhi office has asked for a notarized photocopy of my birth certificate in the list. My husband is the principal applicant for canada Pr

Rama08

Aug 23, 2018
My husband started the application when he was in the us. We got married before he left for uk. So as he let then know abt his location change the cic sent his pr printing to the uk office for canada immigration. After he notified about his marital status change they reverted us to the delhi (india)office for processing my dependent application. So my husband was notified of the required documents from the delhi office.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
My husband started the application when he was in the us. We got married before he left for uk. So as he let then know abt his location change the cic sent his pr printing to the uk office for canada immigration. After he notified about his marital status change they reverted us to the delhi (india)office for processing my dependent application. So my husband was notified of the required documents from the delhi office.
This is the first time I had heard about birth certificate requirement. But any how in USA notarization is done for signatures and not for documents per se. So you can get your document notarized from India. I don't think it will be an issue.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hey guys,
So i have been doing my masters in usa and my husband who is in uk applied fr a dependent visa for me and he is the principal applicant and the list of documents required asks for a notarized birth certificate. So my question is usa does not notarize birth certificates so my birth certificate is from india. So is getting notarized in india fine ? I could ask my mother to get it notarized and send me a copy. Please help guys
Are you applying under PNP? If yes, then Birth Certificates are required.

You can get your Birth Certificate notarized from India. No problem in that. One more thing, Your Birth Certificate is in English? If not, there is an agency who can translate and notarize both for you.

Posting here, just in case you need to.
https://3ade.in/

I did go through them, great people and I got PR.

Reactions: SumH12