+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate which one? Last paper please help.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Im very confused.

Im sorry i posted before about the dual citizenship and what office to ask for when you have 2 citizenships.

My question is specific now, i have a birth certificate from both countries, Mexico and Spain. I was born in Mexico, lived in Mexico all my life so apparently seems this is the office I should send my PR common law application to.

I have my Spanish birth certificate officially translated, will this certificate work to send in the Mexico checklist? Is an official certificate however on Mexico checklist it says
"Birth and marriage certificates must be Government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by
the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed). "

Do i need to get my Mexican birth certificate officially translated? Can I just send the spanish one? this one is not sealed..is the way it is just officially translated and signed..will it work?

Hope someone can help me, i have all my application ready except this and i really dont want to make a mistake that will make my application take longer.

Please help!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
amhel26 said:
Im very confused.

Im sorry i posted before about the dual citizenship and what office to ask for when you have 2 citizenships.

My question is specific now, i have a birth certificate from both countries, Mexico and Spain. I was born in Mexico, lived in Mexico all my life so apparently seems this is the office I should send my PR common law application to.

I have my Spanish birth certificate officially translated, will this certificate work to send in the Mexico checklist? Is an official certificate however on Mexico checklist it says
"Birth and marriage certificates must be Government-certified true copies (copies certified as authentic by
the issuing governmental authority, signed and sealed). "

Do i need to get my Mexican birth certificate officially translated? Can I just send the spanish one? this one is not sealed..is the way it is just officially translated and signed..will it work?

Hope someone can help me, i have all my application ready except this and i really dont want to make a mistake that will make my application take longer.

Please help!
If you were born in Mexico and have Spaniard parents you may have the privilege to have a Spanish Birth Certificate,
but as you were born in Mexico, that is the one that should count as the authentic birth certificate...
The Spanish Birth certificate works more in order to keep your privileges of a son from Spaniard Parents...
But you should use the one that is issue in Mexico, as Mexico seems to be your real place of birth....

Yes, you will have to go through all the headaches of an official translation issued by a government agency

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks for that answer, i couldnt find anywhere what certificate to send, it only says an oficially translated birth certificate so...was hoping i could send the one i got.
Guess i will have to start with paperwork again.

Thanks for helping me out i really appreciate it.