+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Updated without BIL

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello, I am on a PGWP. We applied for my parent's visa. My Mother received the Biometric Instruction/Collection Letter but my Father(Primary Applicant) did not. He has never given biometrics for Canada, but the portal says biometrics were given in April 2022 and is valid till April 2032. How is this possible? Please help

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hi, since you have received the BVL, it means the decision has been made on your application. You should expect to receive another update from IRCC within a week. Good luck!
The visa is approved. PPR requests came through for both applicants. However, my father has never given biometrics yet it says biometrics valid from April 2022 to April 2032

IRCC Agent said (on call) there was a glitch in their system as my father and another person have the same name & DoB.
This is ridiculous!

banman741

Feb 28, 2024
The visa is approved. PPR requests came through for both applicants. However, my father has never given biometrics yet it says biometrics valid from April 2022 to April 2032

IRCC Agent said (on call) there was a glitch in their system as my father and another person have the same name & DoB.
This is ridiculous!
I'd suggest to give them a call and ask for a biometrics letter so there's no problem in entering Canada.