+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics not updated (Express Entry)

JasmineGu

May 9, 2019
Hi There,

I wonder if anyone has the same issue with updating biometrics.

I gave my biometrics at USCIS Application Support Centers in the United States on 4/18/2019, but under the case status, it's still saying "Need actions", "Fingerprint is not received". And then I went to get my biometrics taken again on 5/7/2019. However, it's not doing anything.

I tried to check the status of biometrics through this website, https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery It has my biometrics record as valid, and the date showing there is exactly the date I went to get my fingerprints taken.

Not very sure what I should do right now. Would it slow my application process?

Is there anyone else has the same problem?

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Hi There,

I wonder if anyone has the same issue with updating biometrics.

I gave my biometrics at USCIS Application Support Centers in the United States on 4/18/2019, but under the case status, it's still saying "Need actions", "Fingerprint is not received". And then I went to get my biometrics taken again on 5/7/2019. However, it's not doing anything.

I tried to check the status of biometrics through this website, https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery It has my biometrics record as valid, and the date showing there is exactly the date I went to get my fingerprints taken.

Not very sure what I should do right now. Would it slow my application process?

Is there anyone else has the same problem?
Same has occurred with me. I took my biometrics back in July. Did you get this resolved and how?

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I went back and did mine again. And then it updated after one week I did the second time
Did you just walk-in? Or make an appointment? My USCIS will turn people away if they are more than 2 hours early for an appointment.I really don't want to take another 1/2 day off from work. I might just wait and see since it does say my biometrics is valid...

JasmineGu

May 9, 2019
Did you just walk-in? Or make an appointment? My USCIS will turn people away if they are more than 2 hours early for an appointment.I really don't want to take another 1/2 day off from work. I might just wait and see since it does say my biometrics is valid...
I used the same letter from CIC to make the second appointment. I think it’s just the system that is not updating timely. I can search your biometrics in the database using the link. If it’s there, I think you will be fine.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I used the same letter from CIC to make the second appointment. I think it’s just the system that is not updating timely. I can search your biometrics in the database using the link. If it’s there, I think you will be fine.
Thanks for the response. I searched it in the link in your first post and it was there. Yea...I think I'll wait for the time being since USCIS center isn't that close to where I live.

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
Happened to me. Biometrics given in March but didn't update until I got PPR.

You should see on your status page the biometric date and reference on the right hand side though?

Incidentally, I have received PPR and my account still says background check in progress etc. I think they just don't generally update these things when they should. When my biometrics updated I raised a webform and with a week (I think) I got a response saying biometrics were received.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018

You should see on your status page the biometric date and reference on the right hand side though?

Incidentally, I have received PPR and my account still says background check in progress etc. I think they just don't generally update these things when they should. When my biometrics updated I raised a webform and with a week (I think) I got a response saying biometrics were received.
Yes, on the right hand side on the status page I see the biometric date, etc. That's crazy it still says background check in progress with having received PPR. Thank you for the information.

Reactions: Wishcan

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019

Congrats for ur ppr.When did you file?
I gave bio on 17 june.Till date my biometric is not updated.Whats the sign which shows that they have recd my fingerprints.My bio no is reflecting there .
Please tell as its giving me a lot of stress.Thanks.

jjk505

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Managua, Nicaragua
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
22-09-2019
Hey guys my wife and me got or biometrics collection letter on Oct 8th and gave our biometrics on Oct 18th but still no change in our app, any ideas what we could do??

Wishcan

Jun 15, 2019
Hey guys my wife and me got or biometrics collection letter on Oct 8th and gave our biometrics on Oct 18th but still no change in our app, any ideas what we could do??
It takes around a month to get updated.Sometimes it doesn't even get updated.I had to call them to ask whether they have received or not.

Reactions: jjk505